Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Trimming Pau

This morning I found that the tree trimmers were almost done trimming the Formosa koa trees on Lurline Drive. Later in the day they were done. The parts that were hanging over the road were removed and the tops were given a buzz cut.


It looks like the trimming of the trees gives the house on the upper side of the road a better view.

The morning walk was great! It started out with a light drizzle for about 10 minutes. It created a double rainbow but I was unable to get the camera on my phone to work; I think the touch screen had too much moisture on it. Most of the rest of the walk was in shadow because the sun was still low on the horizon; I think the cooler fall weather is here.


Dad did well on his breakfast this morning; he fed himself several bites each of the Scrambled egg & cheese and the Sausage link. Then he peeled his banana and ate several bites on his own. I gave him 25% on it; he also drank all his supplements.


Dad went to the Namaste massage this morning; when he does that I have about 90 minutes to do my walk, cool down, change, and whatever else I can squeeze in to that time. The sky at the beginning of my mid-morning walk was cloudier than on the morning walk and it also turned out to be a wetter walk, too. While I was on the walk Aunty Judy called to coordinate her parts of Aunty Daisy's visit next week; it's good when I talk to people because I have to slow down in order to have enough breath to talk, which makes it easier on my legs.


Along Maunalani Circle the construction crew has been removing the temporary asphalt patches and replacing them with more permanent concrete.


Lunch today was Meat jun, Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetable mix, Tossed salad, Lemon bar, and Chicken & dumpling soup. We sat on the lanai; its easier to get him out there when he has gone to massage since he is already in the wheelchair and is nicely rested. His appetite was back to his usual; he didn't eat any of his sandwich or the dessert from my tray but he did finish off all the liquid supplements.



Many times Dad is sure that he can get out of the wheelchair & get in to bed all by himself; at first we used to tell him that he hasn't been able to do it. Now we just let him figure it out himself. The 1st thing he does is flip up the foot rests, he then inches himself forward to get his feet on to the floor; he stops when his right foot touches the floor. I think he realizes he can't get his left foot to the floor. CNA Venus came to help him get in to bed today.
Contemplating getting back in to bed by himself.
CNA Venus getting ready to help Dad get back in to bed.

For my afternoon walk I needed 0.83 miles to make my 4.1 miles for the day. I decided to leave from the upper parking lot, go down to the park, around the field, then back up to the upper parking lot; it turned out to be 0.86 miles. Yay!

While on my afternoon walk I saw a coconut in the middle of the road across the street from the park. Although there's a song called Killed by a Coconut, it turns out that when you check the facts, not many people are really killed by coconuts.
This is the 2nd one I've seen; the other made it all the way across the street.

Happy Birthday to Falken, Julie, and Jillian!

No comments:

Post a Comment