Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Pearl Country Club Restaurant

We had breakfast this morning at the Pearl Country Club Restaurant; Curtis decided he took me to the Waikele Country Club, he might as well take me to the other country club near his house. Curtis had the Breakfast Tortilla Wrap with Portuguese sausage and I had the Fresh Cornbeef Hash. They were both good.
Breakfast Tortilla Wrap. (Photo by Curtis)
Fresh Cornbeef Hash.

As we waited for our orders, Curtis said to add these other country clubs to our list of places we still have to try for breakfast: Navy Marine Golf Course, Hickam Par 3, Honolulu Country Club, Ala Wai Golf Course, and Waialae Country Club. I asked him about the golf course we could see from several of Mom's hospital rooms at Kaiser Moanalua; he thought that was the Honolulu Country Club. I Googled, it turns out that course is the Moanalua Golf Course and there are a whole bunch of other golf courses on the island! At least a dozen more that we were unaware of since neither of us is a golfer; without the additional golf courses we already have 25 places on our list and that doesn't include all the individual Zippy's locations.

Dad was up in his wheelchair in the Orchid Dining Room when I arrived; he wanted to go upstairs to play with the cat. Popokilani wasn't interested in us because we wouldn't feed her; we ended up sitting at the viewing area. Even though I grabbed an umbrella to provide Dad with shade it got too hot for him as we waited for the Namaste massage time to arrive. But there was no Namaste massage this morning so he wanted to sit in the shade on the lanai for a while; so we did that. We watched Lori go by with PT Jerry as she did her physical therapy going up and down the stairs; she appears to be doing great with it!

Dad sitting on the 2nd floor lanai, checking out the view.

Sad news, Mrs. Ho has passed away. I noticed that I hadn't seen her for a few days. Then I noticed that her name tag was missing from her room plaque; so I asked one of the CNAs. She confirmed that Mrs. Ho had died. I will miss seeing that amazing 100-year old woman power-dragging her wheelchair around! (And keeping the aides & nurses on their toes watching her so she doesn't get too far away & in to trouble!) 

Lunch today was Pork adobo, Steamed rice, Succotash, Garden salad, Chilled diced pears, and Chicken noodle soup. Dad ate none of his sandwich but drank most of his supplements.


I did my afternoon walk which amounted to 0.6 miles. Due to breakfast I had skipped my morning walk. And since Dad did not go to Namaste or sleep, I also skipped the mid-morning walk. I tried to make these up tonight at home by walking up to Kapaolono Park & back for about 1.0 mile. I also walked about another 1.0 mile out to the freeway & back. All total I did about 2.6 miles today.
Wait! The voice of the app said I did 1.0 mile going up to the park & back!
This should actually say 1.0 mile; I accidentally paused it & didn't realize I had done that until I had walked about half way.

Happy Birthday to Paula!

No comments:

Post a Comment