Friday, October 26, 2018

What Bird Is That?

At the same house that I saw the White-rumped Shama a couple days ago I found another bird! The head looks somewhat like a Toucan of some sort, the color of the body is reminiscent of a Flamingo, can't figure out the wings or tail though. Shortly after I took this photo a guy came by and took the bird; it was in the bulk pick up pile so it was up for grabs.
The Shama was perched on the chairs.

So is Shiro spoiled? You be the judge; here he is this morning, just after I made the bed.


During my morning walk it spritzed for about 2/3 of my walk. (My definition of spritz = precipitation similar to what you get from a spray bottle set on 'fine mist'.) It made for a pleasantly cool walk. I only saw one of the regular walkers this morning & no one else; I think the spritzing may have made the others reconsider a morning walk. I found 2 LBMs in Jimmy's parking strip; its raining more tonight as I type this so may be tomorrow there will be some mature mushrooms with open caps!

Yes, I know, it's not brown.

The mid-morning walk was a little warmer and there was less spritzing. One of the crews was working on the section of Maunalani Circle near the upper parking lot entrance; I didn't see Tui with them.


Lunch today was Chicken long rice, Steamed rice, Vegetable of the day, Garden salad, Angel cake with strawberries, and Egg drop soup. Dad didn't eat a thing, he drank the portion of the supplements that I didn't spill.


It was also spritzing during my afternoon walk. There were 3 Kolea at the park, the pair was on the field and the other Kolea was hanging out near the parking lot until I walked up, then it flew away. As I was nearing the end of my walk Tui drove by and wished me a good weekend; they'll be back again on Monday. As I was doing my cool down stretches it started raining. Yay! More moisture for the mushrooms!



Maunalani has a lot of events for the residents. Some are based on holidays for the month, like the pumpkin carving today. CNA Chin carved the pumpkins.


There was a Gold Dust Day Gecko in the Orchid Dining Room. It was hanging out on the door going out to the lanai.
It looks awkward because its hanging on to the glass door, looking up at me.

I had been ignoring the orange tree while the papayas were overwhelming us with fruit. Now the orange tree is coming in to production; I've already missed 2 that fell off the tree. Most of the oranges are on the lower half of the tree but even if they were on the upper half it wouldn't be a problem; the tree is only about 6 feet tall. I harvested 5 oranges today.


During my weigh-in this morning I found I gained 0.4#; it was the kulolo! I need to avoid going to Times or Foodland on Thursdays. That's when they deliver the kulolo.
Yes, I ate half of it yesterday; hence the extra 0.4# this morning.

We're trying the guacamole test again. I bought 2 containers of guacamole, we opened them up and ate from both of them. We put one in the guacamole keeper and kept the other in the container it came in. Now if we can only keep ourselves from eating it all tomorrow night so that the guacamole has a chance to oxidize. This is probably going to show up at the weigh-in next week!  

Happy Birthday to Chris & Prime!

No comments:

Post a Comment