Saturday, October 13, 2018

Yellow Puffballs!

Wow! I've never seen yellow puffballs before! That was what I was thinking as I spotted the round, yellow objects on my morning walk by the Monstera near the Lanipo Trailhead. Why do people living up here throw a bunch of food out in piles? Like the manapua that I also thought was puffballs.
Yellow puffballs!
Oh, wait, it's just oranges.

The cloud cover this morning was thicker than yesterday; it was much cooler throughout my morning walk today. There was a rain last night, though not as much as I was expecting in light of the flash flood warning. It did encourage the mushrooms at Jimmy's to open up a little, but they are still not mature enough to be dropping spores.

Mushrooms at Jimmy's.

Dad was eating in bed when I arrived. He only had 2 empty cups in front of him and a small bowl of papaya. With no fork; he apparently tried eating it with his fingers. I have no idea how much he actually ate or drank this morning.

I met Uncle Larry's wife this morning. Aunty Mariel had a low blood sugar episode and fell; although she is here for physical therapy she is on the long-term floor so she can be near Uncle Larry. Aunty Mariel is in the room west of Dad; Uncle Larry is in the room east of Dad. She is as friendly and outgoing as Uncle Larry!

On my mid-morning walk, it was also overcast. Five bicyclists passed me on Maunalani Circle; none of them was Hot Green Laces. The mushrooms at Jimmy's had not opened up any more, but the ones at the unknown person's house were opening up nicely; I really need to meet that person!

Unknown mushrooms at unknown person's yard.

Lunch today was Chicken florentine, Angel hair pasta, Lemon butter broccoli, Tossed salad, Pineapple cheesecake, and Tomato florentine soup. I have decided no desserts unless I have shown a decrease in weight during my weigh-in. And that will only be 1 dessert during the following week. If I continue with the decrease I can add another dessert for the week; seems to be a logical reward system. Now I need to define "dessert".


About half an hour before my afternoon walk, it rained a real rain. It lasted for about 15 minutes. Then it slowed down and stopped. It cooled things down considerably.
The rain.
There was so much rain it overwhelmed the gutters.
The sky as I started my walk.

I noticed a long seedpod hanging from the Formosa koa growing around the park. I had not noticed them before or the flowers that created the pods. I'm not sure if I will be able to identify the plant without knowing what the flower is; I may have to wait until spring to make an identification.
Pods on unknown vine.

While I was doing my cool down stretches I realized that I could see Molokai off in the distance. Or was it Maui looming over Molokai? I'll have to research this more.


I took The Roommates, DT, & Curtis out to dinner tonight. We ate at the To Thai For Restaurant. The dishes are served family style; we ordered Spring Rolls, Summer Rolls, Calamari, Green Papaya Salad, Pad Thai, Pad Seuw, Pumpkin Curry, Massaman Curry, Larb, and rice.
Spring Roll.
Summer Roll.
Green Papaya Salad.
Calamari.
Larb.

No comments:

Post a Comment