Friday, October 12, 2018

It Was a Fairly Good Morning

The mushroom that I saw in Jimmy's parking strip yesterday is not cooperating; it is still closed. I think it is the weather; not enough rain to hydrate its cells and make the cap expand. When I started my walk there were some thin clouds blocking the sun; by the time I got to Jimmy's the sun had burned through those clouds and it was getting hotter.
The morning sky at the start of my walk.

Dad was in his wheelchair in the Orchid Dining Room when I arrived at Maunalani. He had a couple bites of scrambled egg and a couple pieces of papaya plus all his liquid supplements. Then we went out to find Popokilani; she was napping in the sun and didn't want to get up so we ended up at the lookout for a little while.


My mid-morning walk was uneventful. But there was another small mushroom coming up in Jimmy's lawn near the one I saw yesterday. I left both of them; I'm hoping the rains predicted for the evening will encourage them to open up.


Lunch today was Chili with beans, Steamed rice, Coleslaw, Tossed salad, Cornbread, and Broccoli cheese soup. As usual, Dad only ate 1/4 of the cornbread and drank all the supplements; he wouldn't even try the chili which he used to really like.


At my weigh-in this morning I gained 0.2 pounds! On the positive side it is less than what I gained last week. I better start taking measurements to track my progress in another manner; I am hoping the weight gain is due to muscle mass gain and not fat gain.

The afternoon walk was under a cloudy sky; it was rather pleasant, not hot like my other afternoon walks. I found a pair of mushrooms on the lawn of the house by the driveway for the lower parking lot. Their caps were almost fully opened; there is a sprinkler system for that lawn. I could have gotten a good spore print off of them; I really have to get permission to dig up mushrooms from that lawn.
The afternoon sky just before my walk.
Unknown mushrooms that I can't access right now.

Happy Birthday to Kathy & Griffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment