Friday, October 5, 2018

Centipede!

I like my early morning walk the best; it is cooler than any of the other walks. And frequently I can see the color of the sunrise in the clouds. Today I got a slightly later start so the sun was higher in the sky and there was less color in the clouds. On the way up Lurline I saw a dead centipede; I put my hand in the photo for scale, it was about 4 inches long. On my mid-morning walk the centipede was gone; I think perhaps a bird came by and ate it.
I think this is Scolopendra sp.

Dad went to the Namaste massage this morning.  He really likes getting the massage, but he can't remember on the following day that massage makes him feel good. When I went to pick him up I saw that the snake plant near the door was blooming! I have never seen one blooming before.
Sansevierea sp. in bloom.                                      

Lunch today was Pork fried rice, Pacific vegetable mix, Tossed salad, Fresh strawberries, and Egg drop soup. The fried rice that The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes makes has more meat in it and less vegetables; it has a lot of bacon, its more tasty than the Maunalani fried rice. Dad likes strawberries but he didn't feel like eating these; he also hardly touched is supplements.


During my afternoon walk I saw 2 Kolea at the park. At first I thought none were there; they were hanging out in the shade near the fence and blended in quite well. Then one moved, so I looked closer and found the other one. They were quite calm about me walking around the field, there were no dogs around.

At my weigh-in this morning I discovered that I gained 0.7 pounds over the last week. That's after having 2 weeks of no weight gain or loss. I am now 112.5 pounds with an estimated 22.5 pounds of fat (or 20%). I guess I really need to pay more attention to what I am eating now. My body mass index (BMI) is 23.5 which is considered normal for women, however, I feel lethargic so I think I still need to lose more weight until I get to a weight that makes me feel healthy.

So what do I do? I go out to dinner! We went to Side Street Inn for Lori's birthday this evening. It's basically a sports bar where food (pupus) is served family style. Since I'm not in to bars I don't know if this is the way things are in bars on the mainland but each person at the table puts money in to the pot which is left on the table  for the waitress; what's left is basically the tip.
Rings, Wings, & Sticks. (Photo by Curtis)
Garlic Edamamae (Photo by Curtis)
Side Street Signature Fried Rice. (Photo by Curtis)
Shrimp Scampi. (Photo by Curtis)
Pan-Fried Island Pork Chops. (Photo by Curtis)
Spicy Garlic Chicken. (Photo by Curtis)
Misoyaki chicken. (Photo by Curtis)
Peanut Butter Crunch with Roselani Vanilla ice cream. (Photo by Curtis)
Liliko'i Creme Brulee. (Photo by Curtis)
`
Happy Birthday to Fran, Jim, Karen, Lori, & Karina!

1 comment:

  1. All your pictures of the food you eat looks wonderful and tasty,I can't wait to try everything someday.Hope all is well.Looks like your having some wet weather it hasn't stopped raining here for weeks...Keep on a walking and being healthy.Have a great day my friend

    ReplyDelete