Sunday, November 18, 2018

Prepping for More Guests

Kai arrives on Tuesday for his Thanksgiving break. Since I am now in the room he usually stays in and Nikki is in the room I usually stay in, we reorganized the middle bedroom. There were boxes stored there from Curtis' remodel and from clearing things out of the living room & Dad's bedroom when we replaced the old carpet. Curtis will be taking his boxes back now that their remodel is done, we will put the old records back in the credenza in the living room, and the other boxes were more efficiently stacked against one wall to open up some floor space for Kai.
South wall, before.
South wall, after. It really is better! You can see the floor now!
East wall, before.
East wall, after. Look! There's a bed! See how much space there is between the bed & the boxes.

Like yesterday, the morning walk was overcast; there was no misting today but a sunbreak appeared again as I was walking along Sierra below the park. My phone was acting up so I don't have photos of the sunbreak this morning. I walked with LaVie for one lap around Maunalani Circle, then she took off at a race walk pace since she had gotten a late start & needed to get to church this morning. Later I saw Suzette starting her walk; Lola wasn't with her this morning. My phone was acting up so I didn't get any photos.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed; he had finished half his supplements. I got him to eat a bite of scrambled eggs. Part of feeding Dad is waking him up intermittently & seeing if he will take some food. Sometimes he is fine with someone else feeding him a couple of bites, other times he gets upset and wants to feed himself; we just go with the flow. When he wakes up on his own he tends to feed himself & drink his supplements, so the key there is to make sure everything is easily reachable; his arthritis makes it difficult to reach far across the table.

The weather was sunnier during the mid-morning walk; but there was still a lot of cloud cover so it wasn't too warm. And it was still breezy enough to counteract the mild heat. The fly fisherman was at the park again, but there were too many cars for me to get a better photo of him. But I did get a photo of the progress on the deck removal & remodel.

They have removed all of the deck that was exposed.

On the way back in I had a nice chat with Susan & Clem; they come to visit Mr. Suzuki, who is also a veteran. Clem used to work at a hospital in Hilo and used to 'walk' 15 miles a day; I put that in quotes because he used to walk it in about an hour, which is like race walking speed! I'll stick to my maximum 3 mph.

Lunch today was Roast beef, Mashed potatoes, Seasoned green beans, Garden salad, Blonde brownie, and Potato chowder; the alternate main entree was Chicken lasagna. Obviously I got the alternate; I would have preferred the roast beef because it has more protein but the lunch is free since I help Dad with his lunch, so I can't be choosy. Dad got his own dessert again today; but I can resist blonde brownies. Especially when I know there is good ice cream at home!


It warmed up considerably after lunch, much of the cloud cover burned off. But it was also misting for about half of my walk!

CNA Kelly has a bunch of great tattoos! I took a photo of her favorite ones; they highlight her youngest daughter's name & time of birth but also include a rose for each of her 4 children.


Last night The Roommates and I went to Kokua Market to help them out by buying some stuff; they are having a cash flow problem due to adjacent construction affecting access which caused decreased monthly revenue, now they need cash to pay off their suppliers. Besides 3 types of good ice cream (Talenti, Three Twins, & Alden's) we also are trying some vegetarian burgers, picked up some frozen shrimp for The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes to make his shrimp & asparagus stir fry, some frozen mahimahi and frozen salmon steaks, and laundry detergent. Kokua also has a Go Fund Me page for members and others to help pay off farmers and to support their modernization of the building.

Happy Birthday to Jim, Diane, Susan, Lori, & Jeff!

No comments:

Post a Comment