Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Boring Day

I saw Ken and 2 of his dogs during my morning walk today. It was nice and cool; I am glad that the cooler weather has finally arrived. In Honolulu the average high in November is 84 degrees F, during the hottest months (August thru October) the average high is 88 degrees. The average low in November is 71, in the hottest months it is 73 to 75. The coolest months are December through March when the average high temperatures are between 80 & 81 degrees F and the average lows are 66 to 68 degrees F.


I found another squashed invasive; a German cockroach. I think perhaps the Kolea are catching and disabling the roaches who are then flattened by cars. When I found the freshly flattened Java Sparrow I should have taken a photo on each of my walks to show how the quality of the roadkill changed every time I walked past it.


Dad wouldn't get out of bed again. He ate a little of his scrambled egg and 1 bite of papaya. I had a difficult time getting him to drink his supplements.

During my mid-morning walk I met Jackie; she had seen me walking earlier. She has also seen me walking first thing in the morning; she lives on Maunalani Circle. She was impressed that I do 3 walks a day.

Lunch today was Pork adobo, Steamed rice, Succotash, Garden salad, Chilled diced pears, and Chicken noodle soup. Generally, I do not eat chicken noodle soup; it reminds me of being sick, that's what Mom gave us when we were sick as kids. Today's chicken noodle soup did not taste like chicken noodle soup; even after I added the packet of salt it tasted like ... nothing. But I drank it anyway to get more fluids & electrolytes.


My afternoon walk was uneventful. It was still a little blustery. Unfortunately the weather forecast says that the trades will be dying down tomorrow. Fortunately they will be returning by the weekend.

Last night I got back later than usual, I could hear Shiro meowing but he didn't come to the kitchen to see me like he usually does. I looked but didn't see him under the dining room table. He turned out to be out in the cat run; he had laid down 0n the grass & was unable to get up again. I'm not sure how long he was out there but he was a little dehydrated & a bit hungry. Throughout the rest of the evening I squirted water in his mouth by syringe & kept offering him food. About 3 in the morning he perked up & began drinking water on his own. This morning he could stand and walk on his own but was still drinking lots of water. I'll have to keep a closer eye on him.

This evening when I got back Shiro was out in the cat run again; this time he was lying by the door. But he was weak & dehydrated. I think maybe he is having trouble getting back in once he begins to get a little weak. Once I got him in he drank a lot of water and ate a lot of food. He might have to be grounded; no more unsupervised playing outdoors for him!

Happy Birthday to Sili & John D.!

No comments:

Post a Comment