Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Drier Day

There was a short burst of drizzle this morning, then it stopped & the rest of the walk was precip-free. Can't say I was dry because I was sweating; I started a little later than usual & had some sun to deal with. Because I started a little later I only saw Steph today.
At the start of my walk on Maunalani Circle, looking southeasterly.
On Sierra, looking easterly.

Dad was sitting in bed watching his breakfast. As usual, he didn't eat any solids, but this morning he  barely touched the supplements.

Although I said the wet weather was moving on in my Monday post I was mistaken since Tuesday was kinda damp. But by my mid-morning walk today it was apparent that the wet weather has finally moved on; it was rather dry & blustery. Party Pueo was checking out the construction on Sierra Drive as we walked by it today.



During my mid-morning walk I paid attention to where I saw the flattened Jackson's chameleon; it is now in the swale at a point near Station 15+30'. When I originally saw it last week, it was in the swale near Station 13+00'; it has moved about 230 feet downhill with the evening rains. I think this is the steepest grade on Lurline, I will be watching for more movement with each rain event, the drizzles don't seem to generate enough water to move it further downhill.


As I was walking up Lurline, I saw some flowers on a bunch of succulents at the uphill end of Jimmy's parking strip; I was wondering what it was. I couldn't remember seeing something there that might have those color of flowers. As I got closer I figured it out.
What's that blooming plant at the end of the parking strip?
Oh, someone threw a lei out & it landed on the aloe.

Lunch today was Shepherd's pie, Seasoned broccoli florets, Tossed salad, Ambrosia, and Chicken & wild rice soup. There was no salad, for anyone, because of the E. coli outbreak traced back to romaine lettuce; the supplier of the tainted lettuce has not yet been identified. Even though there have been no cases here & the local health district has said local romaine is safe, Maunalani is following a conservative approach since so many of the residents have weakened immune systems.


During my afternoon walk it was hotter than the earlier walks but not as hot as it was a couple months ago. The construction crew was wrapping up for the holiday.


Maunalani is having a Thanksgiving lunch for the residents tomorrow. Today the staff was decorating the dining rooms for the celebration. Party Pueo checked things out.


After dinner I started the Fluffy Dinner Rolls; I have played with the recipe and now use 100% whole wheat flour to make the rolls. Since I used this recipe a lot, I know exactly where my breaks are in the process; there are two 1-hour breaks to allow the dough to rise. On the 1st rise, Nikki & I went to Down to Earth to get some vegan dishes for her for tomorrow. On the 2nd rise, Kai & I went to Regis so Shawn could trim Kai's beard and trim off his split ends; basically making him look less like Osama bin Ladin. When we returned, I baked the rolls.
Before the beard & hair trim.
Fluffy Dinner Rolls.

Happy Birthday to CJ! (If you like this blog, she's the one to thank for asking me to start it.) Happy Birthday also to Enola!

No comments:

Post a Comment