Thursday, November 8, 2018

So Tired Today

I was late starting my morning walk because I didn't sleep well last night. Every time I felt Shiro move, I was awake & checking to see if he was squatting. Well, he did one time, but I apparently didn't wake up for that one because I found the wet spot on the pee pad while I was making my bed this morning! Glad I put those pee pads on the bed! In spite of being a little late, my morning walk was cool enough & still pleasant. I didn't see any of the regulars today, but I did see some remodeling starting on a house I walk past every day; they were tearing off the old deck this morning.



It seemed like there was going to be Namaste today so I could take Dad upstairs to get a massage but it was cancelled because there was a lot of preparation needed for tomorrow's Veterans Day luncheon. They already have the banner up and photos of all the veterans; Dad's shows him with 2 of the large ulua he caught.



Due to the Veterans Day celebration & luncheon tomorrow I will have to skip the mid-morning walk. I will need to figure out what to do for the 2 other walks to increase their distance or else I will have to walk in the evening at home.

Because the information about the change in the Namaste wasn't given to me until quite late, I started about half an hour late and it was noticeably hotter than starting earlier. Once again I didn't see any of the regulars. But I did get a closer look at the not-mock-orange-hedge as well as a mock orange.
Mock orange (Murraya paniculata).
Not mock orange.

Lunch today was Beef stew, Steamed rice, Garden salad, Tapioca pudding, and Cream of broccoli soup. Dad didn't eat anything solid but drank all his supplements.


The afternoon walk felt very hot today, I'm not sure why. For the 3rd time today I started my walk later than usual; Dad was awake wanting water and asking a bunch of questions about people so I stayed until he fell asleep.


I will probably not show a weight loss tomorrow morning; last night I joined The Roommates for a late dinner. Since I had already eaten dinner I had eggs, brown rice, & Portuguese sausage for dessert! And tonight I had 2 slice of Boston pizza; I ran down to pick up a pizza for the Maunalani staff that was working late getting all the decorations up for the veterans celebration tomorrow and got some for myself, too.
A slice of the Vegetarian from Boston Pizza.

I went to dinner last night with The Roommates because it was the only time I would get to talk to both of them together about their soon-to-be new acquisition: a calico kitten! The kittens are at the home of one of The Potential Most Favorite Roommate's co-workers; she will be taking them to the Humane Society in 3 days if she can't find homes for them. From the answers to questions I asked they appear to be only 6 weeks old, it's preferable to wait until they are 8 weeks old; these are still nursing but also eat real food.

I advised them to keep the kitten in their bathroom for at least a week to let Shiro & Chibi get used to another cat in the house without confrontation. Which means they will need to have a small litterbox and a water bowl in there along with a food dish. I told them to get food specifically for kittens since they have different nutritional needs for the proper level of growth. The Potential Most Favorite Roommate called me for advice this afternoon, he was at Petco & there was more than one choice! They were planning on picking up the kitten on Friday night; but it came home tonight instead!
Meet S'mores.

After the cats are introduced we need to establish a 'territory' for the kitten, most likely their bedroom. And all of us will need to watch for any aggression from Chibi or Shiro & quickly squirt the culprit to let them know it is not okay to attack it. In the evenings the kitten should be kept separate from Chibi & Shiro since we won't be able to watch it.

Happy Birthday to Steph!

No comments:

Post a Comment