Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Universe is Taunting Me

This morning I found that the white Christmas tree has been replaced with a green one that is not as wide. And Frosty also showed up on the floor; I think the Universe is taunting me since I dissed Frosty yesterday. (FYI Spellchecker recognizes "dissed" as an acceptable word. Or maybe it doesn't care that its slang, maybe it just cares that I spelled it correctly.)
Party Pueo hanging out with Frosty.

When I left the house this morning the sky looked too bright for that time in the morning; there were very few clouds in the sky unlike the previous mornings. There was a high level haze that kept it a little cooler than if there were absolutely no clouds in the sky. I saw Suzette cleaning up around the yard. I saw Kelly & Abby playing frisbee down at the park, then later I saw them walking down Lurline; they are just some of the bunch of people who wander around the neighborhood like me on their walks.
From Maunalani Circle.
From Sierra.

Dad was in bed with his breakfast. He had finished about half his supplements by the time I arrived but had not touched the solid food. I got him to eat a piece of papaya and drink about half of his supplements.

During my mid-morning walk I saw Tom with Jellie & Mero; they had been sitting at the bus stop across from the driveway for the lower parking lot. Tom's father, Eugene, is here visiting for a week; he lives in Portland, OR, but Tom wants him to move here. I also found out that Tom was a Marine stationed at NAS Whidbey Island while they were filming An Officer & a Gentleman. He said one of the other Marines had to be Richard Gere's stunt double for the scene where they are running through the tires. I also saw a nice hibiscus.



Lunch today was Baked glazed ham, Baked sweet potatoes, Steamed corn, Oatmeal cookies, and Minestrone soup.


As usual, the afternoon walk was hot. I finally figured out on this walk that the mushrooms I had seen on Lurline yesterday had been mowed down & then blown downhill somewhere; the flattened Jackson's chameleon was also blown away. The flattened dove by the park was moved about 3 feet by vehicles hitting it, but the one on Lurline was still in the same place.


After I left Maunalani, I picked Kai up and took him to Goodwill to do some shopping for shorts; his others are in Washington, he will leave these here when he returns. He also needed another pair of jeans.   On the way out of Goodwill we saw another of the painted traffic control boxes; its covered with birds. We also saw a tree with interesting fruit; I'll try to get an ID on it. We also went to Don Quijote for some omiyage for him to take home and some dinner for tonight. He also wanted to stop by their used book store; he always takes home used books.
At Waialae & Koko Head.
Since we were walking I could take a lot of photos.
Unknown tree.

I skipped the night walk tonight, I was very tired today but I think it was because I stayed up to 1 am, not because of a fibro reaction to the increased mileage. So I'm going to bed earlier tonight. (Hah! I said that last night, too!) I checked the spore print from the mushroom I picked on our walk last night; it's green so it's Chlorophyllum molybdites, not edible.


By the way, we did not come home with another cat last night; there is a screening process by the O'ahu SPCA before you can take a cat home from the Hawai'i Cat Cafe. No applications were filled out either. But we did spend time acclimating S'mores and Chibi when we got home; we let them sit in the bathroom together for about 10 minutes while supervised. The thought is if we can't get Chibi comfortable enough to play with S'mores, or if she just won't play with S'mores, then The Roommates will get another kitten. Last night Chibi growled & hissed a little but made no lunges towards S'mores and S'mores was more curious than anything else. And also distracted, she played with a toy within inches of Chibi's tail! I had the spray bottle filled with water to stop any antagonistic behavior so I was unable to take photos. But tonight I got some good photos; Chibi hardly hissed at all and decided she would rather stay out in the cat run rather than bother with S'mores.

It took her about 30 seconds to home in on the box & occupy it.

Happy Birthday to Eric, Kari, Ryan, & Nicole!

No comments:

Post a Comment