Saturday, November 10, 2018

Spritzy Morning

It was raining when I woke up this morning. It slowly tapered off so by the time I was doing my morning walk it was just spritzing. I saw 2 of the regulars who walk around Maunalani Circle; there was also a damp cat there. I also saw Cody, Robbie, and their human at the park; I skipped the lap around the field so I wouldn't upset Cody & his human. (Cody barks at me which upsets his human; I have never met the guy because Cody makes it impossible to carry on a conversation with all his barking.) I also stopped to check out the house being built at 3907 Lurline. The weather was very refreshing and I got no sunscreen in my eyes since I wasn't sweating much!




Dad was sitting in bed with breakfast in front of him when I got to Maunalani. He spent a lot of time sleeping; I think yesterday's activities tired him out. He slept a lot yesterday after the luncheon, too.

It was still spritzing during my mid-morning walk; I didn't see any regulars or other walkers. But CNA Gloria did stop on her way in to offer me an umbrella; I declined. The overcast sky filters the sun and makes colors more vibrant, especially the greens; the vibrancy makes me feel more alive!

This photo doesn't do justice to the vibrant greens of this Ulu (Artocarpus altilis).

Lunch today was Mushroom chicken, Steamed Rice, Malibu blend veggies, Ambrosia, and Beef & rice soup. Dad wouldn't eat any solids and only drank about half of his supplements; he spent a lot of time sleeping.


The afternoon got sunnier, but since it had been cloudy & spritzing earlier in the day the pavement was cool so the walk was still refreshing. During my walk it was misting, which is a level of precipitation less than spritzing.


Sometime on Wednesday I got bitten by something, I think. I didn't feel anything or see anything; it just started itching and got red and a little swollen. But not like a mosquito bite swollen; its sort of a flat-shaped swelling. It would get red and itch more after I walked and was hot & sweaty. Since it has gotten larger each day I marked it this morning with a series of dots so that I can tell whether it got larger. If it starts to hurt or if I get a fever or if a red line starts going up my arm or if it gets infected or if it starts changing to less desirable colors, like black, I will go to the emergency room. One thing I noticed today was that it is not as red & swollen as it usually is after I walk and am hot & sweaty. But later in the evening while I was cleaning out the room that Nikki will be staying in it got redder and spread a little more; I called the Kaiser After Hours nurse line. The nurse said to watch it for the next 72 hours, recommended icing for 20 minutes, & using a 1% hydrocortisone cream. Tomorrow I will use dashes to mark the new edge; not sure I will be able to get the whole thing in to one photo.
The dots mark the edge of the red area on Saturday morning.

I went online and ordered another pair of the Hoka One One Tor Tech Mid Waterproof womens hiking boot; they should arrive sometime between November 12th & 15th. These are the same style I bought at Uyeda Shoe Store; Hoka is discontinuing this style and I want to have it available if I wear my current ones out before the Great Aloha Run. I love these shoes!

The Roommates took S'mores to The Cat Clinic today; she is very healthy except for worms. They gave her deworming medicine. She goes back for a recheck and vaccinations in December. Dr. Sylvester says S'mores is about 4 weeks old; The Roommates have assigned October 10th as her birthday.

Happy Birthday to Tina & Trish!

No comments:

Post a Comment