Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!



During my morning walk it was dry but muggy; there was no breeze at all this morning. I didn't see any regulars this morning.

On Sierra, looking easterly.

During my morning walks is the only time I see live slugs crawling around. The rest of the time they are dried slugs. I think I will start to learn which slugs I am seeing.
Unknown slug that looks like a leaf.

Curtis had actually arrived a few minutes before me and was sitting with Dad while he ate his breakfast. He picked at the scrambled eggs but finished all supplements.

The mid-morning walk was sunny & stifling! I saw Chris & Bruce near the park; I haven't seen them for several months, nice to know they are okay.


Lunch today was Pork long squash, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Sweet corn haupia, and Portuguese bean soup; that's what the menu said. But we had Turkey, Mashed potatoes with gravy, Seasoned green beans, Stuffing, Pumpkin pie, and Cream of broccoli soup. I should not have eaten lunch today!


During my afternoon walk it was even more humid, it seemed. I blame the humidity for me not getting the proper photo for the afternoon walk! I didn't see any regulars during this walk. I left shortly after I completed my walk because I had cookies to bake! A couple years ago David baked a batch of gluten-free chocolate chip cookies made from a recipe I had from one of the America's Test Kitchen books that I got about gluten free cooking. It has become a requested dish for family gatherings so I make a batch whenever we get together.


As usual, dinner was yummy! And there was too much food.Besides turkey and ham we had 2 types of salmon, summer rolls, macaroni salad, green salad, sauteed brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, & more.
Counterclockwise inward spiral from lower left: macaroni salad, peanut sauce & summer rolls, ham, stuffing, sweet potatoes, smoked salmon, furikake salmon, salad, pancit, brussels sprouts, whole wheat dinner rolls, and turkey.
L to R; vegan pear almond custard pie, pumpkin pie, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, pistachio chocolate chip bundt cake, & peppermint Almond Roca.

I ate too much so I took a walk around Curtis' neighborhood. Even though I had a total of 5.62 miles for today, I am probably not going to do well on my weigh-in tomorrow morning.


We ended the night playing several games including charades.
L to R: Nikki, Gavin, Curtis, & Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment