Monday, November 19, 2018

Wet Weather Moving On

They are predicting drier, sunnier weather for Thanksgiving than we have had over the last few days. And this morning it was already looking like it. There was more sun along my route and also more of the regulars. When I stopped to pick Barbara up at the bus stop she was talking to Steph, who I saw later up near Maunalani, then again on Lurline; she does a 3 mile loop once a day in the morning. We also saw LaVie, she passed us twice again but on different parts of our walks; she does 7 laps of Maunalani Circle then walks back down to her house! I also saw Suzette, twice, once at her house & once on her walk down Lurline. And Tui was back on the job; they are at the intersection of Maunalani Circle & Sierra today.
At the start of my walk, looking easterly.
About half way through my walk, on Sierra, looking easterly.
Agave on Maunalani.
Close-up of flower spike.

Dad was awake and eating breakfast when I got to Maunalani. He ate a couple of bites of scrambled egg and a couple of pieces of papaya along with all his supplements.

Tani called & let me know that she could pick up the Hawai'i Wildlife Center (HWC) van this morning, so we arranged to do it during the time I usually do my mid-morning walk. The road work crew had Sierra Drive coned off so I went down Lurline; it seems like it might be a less steep route. Going down Lurline would be okay because you would be going in the same direction as the bus, but coming up you would have to be aware of a potential bus if you are traveling around the same time it makes its run through the area; I wonder where the bus is going during the time they have the road torn up?
Tani at the Young Brother's Window 3, getting ready to pick up the HWC van.

HWC is celebrating its 7th birthday on November 24th! To help them celebrate take photos with the Party Pueo & send it to HWC! Tani, Nikki, & I will be taking photos with Party Pueo at the HWC activities here.
Party Pueo GENERAL
(From Hawai'i Wildlife Center website)

Lunch today was Baked furikake mahimahi, Wild rice pilaf, Steamed edamame, Tossed salad, Strawberry cloud cake, & Tomato basil soup. I really like their furikake encrusted fish dishes; they use the nori komi furikake which I like.


We ate out on the lanai and had a little visitor! It looked like the Geico Gecko wanted to sample a little of everything Dad had for lunch!
Mmmmmm, peanutbutter & jelly sandwich.
Gecko whisperer makes contact.
Gecko checking out the strawberry cloud cake.
Gecko checking out the peanutbutter & jelly sandwich.
Gecko tasting the Boost Plus.

The sun was out during my afternoon walk; it is usually the hottest walk of the day & today was no exception. But there was a very stiff breeze blowing for most of it. Tui was surprised when I told him I was only on my 2nd walk of the day.


On the way to The Cat Clinic to pick up Shiro's ashes I saw another of the traffic control boxes that has been painted by the artists.
At 6th & Harding.

Shiro has come home again. He is now with Xander, sitting on my bedside table. I will be contacting Marc from Spirit Weights to have him make paper weights containing each of their ashes.

For dinner I started with another salad kit; this one was by Ready Pac Foods. It also had no sulfiting agents. Although it was similar to the one by Taylor Farms it had a honey mustard dressing rather than poppy seed; I prefer the poppy seed. This honey mustard dressing was heavy on the mustard, it could have used less mustard and more honey.

I made up for missing my mid-morning walk by doing a walk after the sun set. I needed 1.26 miles, I only did 1.16 miles for a total of 4.4 miles today. It was still quite breezy. While on my walk I saw someone has already put up their outdoor Christmas lights!

Oh, no! It's not even Thanksgiving yet!

Our emergency preparedness water supply has suffered an emergency. Three of the milk jugs I had been using to store water to be used for washing & flushing failed; there is now a bunch of water damage that I will need to deal with. I will be getting rid of the other milk jugs. Note to self: DO NOT USE MILK JUGS EVER AGAIN! The other jugs are doing okay.


Party Pueo was partying with Chibi tonight!


Happy Birthday to Dwayne-O, Barbara, Naseem, & Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment