Thursday, November 15, 2018

Beautiful Overcast Day

I was a little late in starting my walk this morning; but it was overcast so it wasn't any hotter. I saw Steph quite early in my walk on Maunalani Circle; we chatted for a while, she said Lauren was excited for us to get together. Steph & I talked so long LaVie walked past us twice! Once I did start walking again I found another squashed bird, a House Sparrow; it's an introduced species but I am not sure of its 'invasive' status.

Female or immature House Sparrow (Passer domesticus).

Today was the 3rd day in a row that they weighed Dad; he was 140.4 pounds. That's about a pound heavier than yesterday and a few pounds heavier than Tuesday. I'm not sure what that means to them. Dad went to Namaste for a massage as soon as his weigh-in was finished.
The wheelchair is 49.4 pounds.

It was also overcast during my midmorning walk. The fly fisherman was at the park again. This time I got a photo of him.



Lunch today was Furikake salmon, Steamed Rice, Malibu blend vegetables, Garden salad, Brownie, and Egg drop soup. Dad didn't touch the solid food today but he finished all the supplements.


It was still overcast during my afternoon walk. Since they are usually wrapping up the road work about this time, I include a lap around Maunalani Circle, which I skip during the mid-morning walk. Tui was finishing up his day and asked if I was on my 3rd walk of the day. When I see Tui, & a few other regulars, I hold up the number of fingers showing which number walk of the day I am on.


Near the top Sierra Drive there are several clumps of a flower that looks sort of like a type of iris, except that the standards are flat. I would really like to get a start of it and figure out what it is. Today I saw a guy there picking up his mail; I asked him what it was. He said, "Uh, buttercups???" He was not helpful at all. Until I formally meet him, he shall be called 'Mr. Not Buttercups'.


My new Hokas arrived today! I tested them and they are perfect! There is no rocking in the heel like in the others I tested when I first bought my current pair of Hokas. So now I am really ready to walk the Great Aloha Run!

I have been craving salad lately. But I don't want to take the time to make it, so I have been buying the pre-made salad kits. I should probably check the kits out to see if there are sulfiting agents or other things to keep them looking good. The kits we have right now are by Taylor Farms; on their website they have a section on sustainability.
This is the Mediterranean Crunch salad kit, one of the pieces gets soggy if you don't finish it off in one sitting.

It was a little quiet when I got home this afternoon. When he would hear me Shiro would come to the door meowing to greet me. Chibi doesn't do that; I guess I'll have to get used to how she greets people. Which is to run away & hide; which is why people thought we only had 3 cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment