Thursday, November 29, 2018

Be More Active

That's what my phone frequently tells me after I have completed my 1.5+ mile morning walk! I wonder how long a walk I need to do to satisfy the Samsung Health app that I am being more active? I was a little earlier today than usual; I picked Barbara up at the bus stop. She was jingling, she had some bells in her bag for Lori. I also saw Steph; she said Lauren will be in finals in a couple of weeks & would get in touch with me during winter break. I also saw Ken with his 2 younger dogs. Suzette's car was gone, so perhaps she was working today since the hotel workers strike is now over.
At the beginning of the walk.
On Sierra, about halfway through the walk.
Not sure what's happening here; grass has been removed and other plants planted. I'll have to keep checking this out.
This is the temperature as I left the house; Kai was very happy with this cooler weather.

Since I was early, Dad was still asleep. When CNA Frances tried to change his shirt before breakfast he was very argumentative & wouldn't let her touch him. She changed him later when he agreed to get in to the wheelchair.

During my mid-morning walk I saw another interestingly marked hibiscus. I only remember solid yellow and solid red hibiscus when I was growing up; we had a red one in the front yard.



Lunch today was Pork stew, Steamed rice, Steamed corn, Tossed salad, Brownie, and Chicken jook. Dad went out to the lanai with me to eat lunch; he finished about 1/2 of his peanut butter & jelly  sandwich and had 1 bite of brownie. He seems to be more interested in eating than he has been, though he still isn't eating much.


The afternoon walk was a welcome break to keep me awake! I saw a painted mailbox along the way; I've never noticed this one before because I'm usually on the other side of the street. I had crossed over to take advantage of the little patch of shade nearby.



Tani leaves on Saturday; tonight she dropped by to pick up one of the things of mine to put in the van for transport to the Big Island. Since Sam took a whole van load of things the only thing left was the bean bag chair that we couldn't fit last time. Before we did that though, we had to drop a bird off at the State Division of Forestry & Wildlife bunkhouse; I got to meet one of the bunkhouse cats while Tani got the bird settled.
We're not sure what the green spot on her neck is from.

Later we went out to dinner at Wagaya Ramen. We started with the Potato Mochi and Chicken Karaage; we both had the Garlic Wagaya Ramen. Everything was great!
Potato Mochi.
Chicken karaage.
Garlic Wagaya Ramen.

I napped a lot today while at Maunalani; I am hoping it is not because I have found my current limit on activities due to the fibromyalgia. I have been staying up a little later because Kai loaned me one of the secondhand books he picked up while here; it is by one of his favorite authors, Mercedes Lackey. I have finished the first part of the Queen's Own trilogy; perhaps I should return it to him now so I can get to sleep at a decent hour!

Happy Birthday to Victoria & Valory!

No comments:

Post a Comment