Tuesday, November 6, 2018

General Election Day

Today is a State holiday; it is Election Day. Apparently Hawai'i has one of the lowest levels of voting; since it is a state holiday being unable to get off from work shouldn't be a barrier. It may be that the local races are not very interesting because the State leans so strongly Democratic there is not much difference between candidates. I voted. Did you?


My morning walk started out with a light drizzle for a couple of minutes; then it cleared up & was was sunnier than yesterday! I saw Dawn, Chloe, & Coco down at the park and LaVie was just finishing her 1st lap of Maunalani Circle as I was finishing my walk.


Dad was lying in bed with breakfast in front of him. He let me feed him a couple bites each of the scrambled egg and the fresh papaya; but then he clammed up. He drank all the supplements.

I am not a brand loyalist when it comes to sunscreen and moisturizers. I pay more attention to how my body reacts or doesn't react, then go with the one on sale that my body felt good with. This morning I changed the sunscreen I keep in my backpack to use for my mid-morning & afternoon walks; it's SPF 50, the other was SPF 15. I had not noticed the other was SPF 15 when I bought it; I try to get SPF 30. When I put a moisturizer amount of SPF 50 on after my morning walk, I felt a slight tingle in my cheeks and on my lips; it slowly faded & was gone in about 10 minutes. Then about 15 minutes before my mid-morning walk, I put the sunscreen amount of it on, it tingled for about 25 minutes; but then the sweat got in my eyes and some sunscreen along with it. Not a good idea. I had to flush my eyes out when I got back to Maunalani; they were red & irritated for quite a while. Although I had to alter my route because of the work on Maunalani Circle, other than sunscreen in my eyes it was a good walk.


Lunch today was Korean BBQ chicken, Brown rice, Sesame broccoli salad, Garden salad, Red velvet cake, and New England clam chowder. I resisted and gave the red velvet cake to Dad; he didn't eat it. He only drank about half of his supplements.


About 30 minutes before I started my afternoon walk I put on the sunscreen amount of SPF 50; my face didn't tingle this time. Not sure why it tingled more in the morning. It did tingle when I put the lesser amount of sunscreen on after my walk but I think that's because there is more blood flow due to the exercise. By the way, I found a more definitive answer about my question regarding the 2 hours; apparently it's "reapply every 2 hours or immediately after swimming or sweating." I did sweat on the afternoon walk which was 1.09 miles to make up for the shorter mid-morning walk. I did a total or 4.29 miles today.


I left Maunalani right after I got Dad started on his dinner; usually I stay until after he is finished, but I needed to go and vote today. I also had to get the carriers back to Feather & Fur Animal Hospital. While in Kailua I decided to see where the new location for Coldfyyre Ice Cream was; turns out it is sort of across the street from Kalapawai Cafe! It's still not opened.

When I got home I noticed that the plastic granules in the Cat Genie were kind of wet. I looked closer and saw that the water had not drained completely so I started the cycle again. When it was done it was even worse! I initially couldn't figure out what was wrong but then glanced over and saw that the laundry sink that the Cat Genie discharges in to was almost overflowing; a bunch of lint had gotten jammed in the drain and was backing things up. I quickly unplugged it, forgetting to get a photo of the near disaster before I fixed the situation. You'll have to settle for this photo of hot air for drying the granules being blown on to the surface of the water backing up in to the Cat Genie!


Happy 14th Anniversary to Chris & Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment