Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Another Lost Lens

I was doing really good this morning; leaving the house a few minutes before I needed to. Then I looked in the wrong direction and blinked at the wrong time! My left contact lens popped out as I was sitting in the driver's seat; I had just started the car. The neighbor across the street must have been wondering what I was doing; she was at the kitchen sink directly across from my car & would have seen the headlights come on when I started the Subaru up. I spent about 10 minutes trying to find it before giving up & going back in the house to get the right side lens for the one I lost about a year ago; my vision is so bad I really need to have 2 lenses in to drive safely. (Per my optometrist, my prescription is the same for both eyes so the lenses are interchangeable.)
I looked down but didn't see the lens.
I checked the floor, too, but didn't see it.

Since I was ahead of schedule when I first got in to the car I was still able to start my morning walk before sunrise even with the delay; I left the house only 4 minutes later than I normally would have. The tradewinds have died down so it was a muggy walk even in the cool of the early morning. The only regulars I saw were Cody & Rollie & their human; they were just starting up Matsonia towards the park.
Six minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
There was a dead roach at the view point shelter; the ants were working on it.

Later during my cool down stretches I saw Steph & Lorraine walking past; I texted Steph to let her know I was still around just starting my walks at sunrise. She responded later, saying, "... have been wondering why I haven't seen you in a while! ... have been sporadic in my supposedly 'daily walk' because I started attending ... Zumba class ..." We'll be trying for another get-together in the summer.

I saw the White Cockatoo again! It was in the tree that I first saw it in a couple months ago. Only this time I was looking at it from a lot farther away. I did another phone-photo-thru-binoculars. I checked on binoculars that can also take photos; reviews have not been good. Unless you put out big bucks ($1999.99) for the Sony DEV-50V/B Digital Recording Binoculars. May be I should just get a good digital camera with a telephoto lens?


Suzanne texted me a photo of a plant in her yard; she was wondering what it was. And whether it was edible. It's a Fragaria sp., aka strawberry. And yes, its edible!


Dad was awake in bed when I arrived, CNA Jessa was trying to convince him to get out of bed; he didn't want to budge. Even I couldn't convince him to move to the dining room for breakfast. But he ate all of his fried egg sandwich and banana and half of the papaya. He drank 120 ml of orange juice and 60 ml coffee but no water. But after breakfast CNA Jessa was able to get him in to the wheelchair; I wheeled him up to the Castle Living Room where he watched TV for a short while before they started the morning exercises. Dad also stayed for the Japanese dance group.
Dad watches TV.
Dad watches the Japanese dancers.

I went on my mid-morning walk since Dad was occupied. A number of people are having work done on their houses. Art is having the boardwalk from the street to the front door rebuilt; yesterday the workers removed the old boards. Today they are preparing the area for the new construction. Kelly is having dirt from under his deck removed so he can finish the deck. 

Backhoe working at Kelly's

As I was near the top of Lurline, Sharon drove up and stopped. She asked if I had seen the Manu-o-Kū; I told her I had. She said she thought she saw a pair flying out to sea and was wondering if they might still be around. I assured her they were and I had also been seeing birds flying out to sea. She also wanted to know if they mate for life; that I don't know, I will have to research that.

When I returned from my walk, Dad was still upstairs! So for lunch I took him out to the 2nd floor lanai. Lunch today was Garlic chicken, Brown rice, Tuscan vegetable mix, Garden salad, Carrot cake, and Thai chicken curry & rice soup.  Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of carrot cake. He drank 120 ml orange juice and 60 ml water.
Dad enjoys the scenery while waiting for his lunch to arrive.

Dad gets ready to finish off his second piece of cake.

It was very hot during my afternoon walk so I cut it a little short; I only did a 1.25 mile route. Even the birds were a little more subdued this afternoon. Because of the angle of the sun I could see that the house up on the circle had most of its roof removed.



When I got home I decided to check for my contact lens again. When I opened the door the sunlight streamed in! In just a couple of minutes I found my lens!
I had to put the bur next to the lens so I could see it easily for the photo.

I had a small accident while making dinner. My salad dressing bottle was getting low; I had it stored upside down in the refrigerator so the dressing would flow down to the opening. But the Creamy Ranch Bacon Dressing is rather thick so I tried to shake more down; bad idea. The first time I did it the cap stayed shut, but not the second time. Ooops!

No comments:

Post a Comment