Saturday, May 11, 2019

Pineapple Run 10K ✔️

The Pineapple Run 10K is over! We did it! OK, so for you Iron Men & Iron Women that's not a big deal, but for us it is. The main thing is we had fun while we were doing it! Though I was disappointed that we didn't really go through any pineapple fields. We tried to finish right at 2 hours but forgot that since we weren't in the runners group we didn't start at the very beginning; Brent's time was 1:58:13, mine was 1:58:10. We did Miles 3 and 5 at a pace of 3.2 mph; the other miles were at 3.1 mph so we were fairly consistent in our walking. We're looking for our next event, but not too soon; one a quarter is fine with us.

Nineteen minutes before sunrise on our way to the Pineapple Run 10K.
Three minutes before sunrise on our way to the starting line at the white tents.
During the Great Aloha Run we found 30 minutes before the start is a good time to hit the bathroom.
The start of the Pineapple Run.
Going down Kamehameha Highway towards Kaukonahua Stream, just after Mile 1.
Coming up to the Mile 2 water station.
Traffic jam at the SR 80 & SR 99 intersection.
On Kamananui Road, at about Mile 2.5; not a pineapple in site.
Near Mile 3 a pack of Spanish-speaking bikers rode by.
Kaukonahua Stream, at about Mile 3.5.
Approaching Mile 5.
Look at this! What? The empty lot?
The finish line is to the left about 1/4 mile down California Avenue.
The pineapple guy! All finishers get a pineapple.
Wahiawa has a lot of jacaranda trees.

After we finished the Pineapple Run we walked over to Dot's Restaurant; it was about a 1/2 mile and 10 minutes away. Brent had the Pancake Sandwich Meal with Portuguese Sausage and Scrambled Eggs with a side of rice. I had the Luncheon Meat & Green Onion Omelet special. And lots of water; the waitress was very good about coming by frequently to fill up our water glasses!

Pancake Sandwich Meal.
Luncheon Meat & Green Onion Omelet.

Brent stayed to take Lori out for an early Mother's Day celebration; he has a graduation party to go to tomorrow. Just before I left Brent, DT, & Shawn gave me a flower arrangement and Mother's Day Card for an aunt. Which I didn't know they made.

I was birding while we waited for the run to start as well as during the run. I also taught Brent about some of the birds. I saw one new species, I think it was a Red-crowned Amazon, a type of parrot. It was mainly green like the Rose-ringed parakeet, but it has a short, square-shaped tail.

When I got back home I was going to take a shower and go to sleep but I was too tired, so I just went to sleep. I woke up about 4 hours later and took a shower.

While I was eating dinner I saw S'mores trying to stalk a Zebra Dove that was walking along the top of the wall. We really need to get the cat run back up again for them.
Zebra Dove (Geopelia striata).

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Kathleen, Esther, and Alan!

No comments:

Post a Comment