Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Years Dinner

We hosted the family New Years Dinner tonight; it was smaller than usual because cousins from the extended family were not able to make it tonight. So we also had a lot of food left over! If you have attended one of the New Years dinners I hosted before moved you will notice this is a bit different; we don't serve a lot of the traditional foods that you eat to gain those attributes for the coming year. Right now its more potluck style but perhaps I should start providing the foods that have a significance and leave the rest as potluck.
(Photo by The Potential Most Favorite Roommate)
My dinner choices; yes, there are more carbs than appropriate for a ketogenic diet.
There were even more carbs on my dessert plate.

As, usual I started out the day with a sunrise walk; I saw no regulars on the drive up. And I only saw Raymond sweeping up the debris from the firecrackers at his house and Roger walking with Cody & Rollie down by the park. As I was leaving I drove by Lorraine and wished her a Happy New Year!
Twenty-five minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Fourteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Three minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
This is the type of stuff Rodney was cleaning up.
They have removed the damaged fence section.

When I got home I did a bit more reorganizing in the family room; I moved the cat feeder to the opposite wall so there was no longer a trip hazard across the sliding door. 


After that I went to pick up the sushi at Foodland. As I discovered previously, it is now possible to buy trays of sushi from supermarkets; it saves a lot of time!



I started the kalua pork in the pressure cooker at about 3 pm. I cooked it for 90 minutes after it came up to pressure; the meat was falling apart when I took it out!


While I was doing that The Potential Most Favorite Roommate returned from work. He asked me to come out & look at something on his car. It looked like a mouse had chewed a hole through his windshield washer line; fluid was spraying everywhere! I told him to temporarily patch it with duct tape until he can get it in to replace the hose.


Yesterday I picked up some goodies from Pipeline Bakeshop & Creamery; I got 3 pieces each of their Ube Haupia Macnut Bar, Ube Cheesecake, Gingerbread Cream Puffs, and Eggnog Cream Puffs. We had only tried the Ube Haupia Macnut Bar previously; the others were just as good.
Clockwise from upper left: Ube Cheesecake, Eggnog Cream Puffs, Gingerbread Cream Puffs, and Ube Haupia Macnut bars.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Judith, Linda, Mari, Judy, & Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment