Sunday, March 3, 2019

Breakfast with Paul

Paul made me breakfast this morning; last time he made me dinner, then tried to turn me in to an ice cube in his not-so-hot hot tub! He made pancakes loaded with walnuts and a warm fruit compote along with scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. I'll come back to this restaurant again!





Louie & I had a short walk this morning; as soon as he pooped we turned around and headed back to the house. Even though I turned my Mobile Warming battery-heated vest up to the 2nd setting of 105 degrees F, my cheeks and ears felt overly cold and I couldn't get my fingers to warm up. After I let Louie back in to the house, I checked the temperature at the car; it was 29 degrees F! No wonder I was feeling the cold! It had warmed up considerably by the time I needed to leave for Paul's house.



After breakfast I picked Kai up and we headed to Stanwood to have lunch with Bobbye & Ron at Jasmin Thai. We were joined by Darla and Clarissa. We started with Spring Rolls. Ron & Bobbye had the Golden Cashew, Darla had Oriental Chicken Salad, Clarissa had the Spicy Eggplant, Kai had the Penang Curry and Black Rice Pudding, and I had the Pumpkin Duck. It was good to see Bobbye getting out of the house for something other than medical appointments.
Golden Cashew.
Spicy Eggplant.
Oriental Chicken Salad.
Penang Curry.
Pumpkin Duck.
Clockwise from lower left: Clarissa, me, Kai, Ron, Bobbye, & Darla. (Photo by Keisha)

Kai took some photos while we were headed back from lunch in Stanwood. We used to live near Mount Pilchuck and Three Fingers.
Mount Pilchuck. (Photo by Kai)
Three Fingers. (Photo by Kai)

We stopped by and had a whirlwind visit with Gabriele. I dropped Kai off after that and headed to Mukilteo.

Louis made General Tso's Chicken for dinner along with salad & rice; it was excellent! Then we talked about social justice work and civil engagement; Louis is running for Snohomish County Council.

Clockwise from lower L: Louis, Cena, Chris, Janice; center: me. (Selfie by Louis)

I made another whirlwind visit with David, who lives about 5 minutes from Louis so that was very convenient! He had been skiing all day but stayed up to visit with me! David is learning conversational Italian in preparation for his trip to Milan in April.
David & his cat Kira.

When I was leaving David's place the temperature was above freezing. By the time I got to Mary Ellen & Michael's it was just below freezing! I told Louie tomorrow's sunrise walk was probably going to be  short again!
At David's house.
At Mary Ellen's house.

But I shouldn't complain, at least its better than what Margaret has right now. She is staying indoors, working on her metal art.
Six feet of snow at Margaret's. (Photo by Margaret)
Margaret's winter activity. (Photo by Margaret)

No comments:

Post a Comment