Sunday, March 17, 2019

That Was Sooooo Good!

Relatively speaking. I had a Eureka! moment while I was doing my mid-morning cool down stretches. CNA Ki'ini had asked me if I wanted the guest lunch, I said no because of the oral surgery. But while I was stretching I realized they are totally set up to puree food here! So I went back & asked her if my lunch could be pureed, she asked the kitchen, they said, Yes! I'll have to start this earlier if I ever have to have oral surgery again.

The lunch menu for today was Corned beef, Roasted red potatoes, Cabbage & Carrots, Tossed salad, St. Paddy's Day cupcake, and Split pea soup. The roast beef came pureed, the potatoes were mashed potatoes, and I think the 2 other pureed things on my tray were rice and corn. The tossed salad, soup, & dessert were not affected by the request. The rice was very bland, the corn was just bland. The corned beef and mashed potatoes were heavenly! I also drank the soup. My stomach is no longer growling & annoyed with me!
They only puree the main meal, not the soup, salad, or dessert.

Dad ate his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich and St. Paddy's cupcake in record time; they were gone in 30 minutes! He also drank all 240 ml of his Breeze supplement. Then he went back to sleep.

My morning walk was under overcast but dry skies with a light breeze. I saw Steph as she was on her way up Wilhelmina, she said she was late  because she went back to get a jacket because she thought it might rain. Neither of us saw Lorraine or Ona today. I saw LaVie, Tazzie, & Kila by the park.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra. That's LaVie, Tazzie, & Kila on the right.

Dad was in the wheelchair in the Plumeria Dining Room having breakfast when I showed up. He ate about half of his fried egg sandwich; they forgot to remove the crust again. He kept nodding off. After breakfast, Dad & I went out to look for Popokilani again; she was no where to be found so we went to the Wellness Center Courtyard. Dad spent about half an hour looking out at Leahi, the ocean, and the Waialae-Kahala area before his okole became too sore for him to sit easily.


My mid-morning walk was pleasant, not too cold & not too hot because of the nice breeze. I saw another Kōlea that is molting in to its breeding colors.



The afternoon walk was sunny but also breezy. I was feeling much better than I have been on my afternoon walks because of the pureed lunch. I had not realized how much energy the solid lunches have been giving me until I went on this liquid diet.


As I was leaving Maunalani I stopped by to check out the hapuʻu; I finally got there when the irrigation was on. I was able to see the spray pattern and adjust it as needed to provide moisture for all the ferns.

As I left Maunalani to pick up the metal y-connector I passed another traffic control box that had been artistically painted. I don't remember seeing this one painted earlier when the others were painted. I think they may be expanding the number of traffic control boxes that are painted. I have seen 3 other new ones but have not been able to get photos of them yet.
At Waialae & 5th.

Luna didn't pee anywhere today. The Roommates left S'mores out; they will be watching to see if pee shows up anywhere. We are all hoping it does not.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Walt, Dennis, Jed, Kerrie, Joani, & Sally!

No comments:

Post a Comment