Friday, March 1, 2019

Gerald's Route

Today Louie and I walked the route Gerald told us about yesterday; we were a little late, we started at 4 minutes after sunrise. But we still had a good morning birding, we saw 13 species. New species we saw today were Anna's Hummingbird, Glaucous-winged Gull, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Varied Thrush, European Starling, and Spotted Towhee. The new route was 1.25 miles and took about 30 minutes.
Six minutes after sunrise on 148th Place SW.
Our walking route this morning; the photo is looking northerly on 60th Avenue W at the start of the walk.
Looking westerly along 150th Place, there is a ravine with a creek to the left of the guardrail.
Louie watches the waste pick-up truck at 63rd Avenue W.
Heading down 64th Avenue W.
On Fisher Road, heading easterly.
Looking easterly along Norma Beach Road.

When I got in the car to go to meet with David it said it was 35 degrees F! Since it was 9:22 that means it was colder when Louie and I were walking 2 hours earlier!
There was frost on the windshield.

I had breakfast with David at Starbucks; I had a Bacon & Gruyère Egg Bite and a green tea latte with coconut milk. We spent a bunch of time talking about how to increase the reach of the Communities of Color Coalition (C3) Color Commentary radio show and the North Puget Sound Conference on Race. I think David is doing a great job leading C3.




For lunch I met my former Environmental Services co-workers at Thai Gusto. I had the lunch combo with Pad Thai and Cashew Chicken. It was really great to find out what they are up to now and the changes that have been happening. I have driven past some of our old mitigation sites and they look like they are doing well; I will have to try some new routes to see more of the sites.
Clockwise from lower left corner: Crilly Mary, me, Greg, Misty, Terry, Kai, Beth, Clarissa, & Monica. (Photo by stranger seated at nearby table.)
Pad Thai & Cashew Chicken lunch combo.

I headed to Carole's house after lunch. We had a great time catching up and also watching the birds at her feeders and the view from her dining and living rooms.
Gravel lane out to Carole's house.
View out Carole's dining room.

Dinner was a potluck at Jen & Susan's and included Brienne, Kai & Percy, and Lori & Bernie & thier sons Mikel & DeAndre. Jen & Susan's kids Ashton & Isaiah were there also, though Isaiah was in his room in quarantine since he was ill. We got to meet their new-to-us dog Jasper, a dachsund-terrier mix. Susan also showed me her quilt room and the new quilt she is working on for Jen.
Lots of good food!
My plate of food.
L to R, seated front: Kai, Brienne, Mikel; seated 2nd row: Kai, Percy, Laurie, DeAndre, Ashton; standing: Bernie, Susan, Jen. Missing: Isiah & Jasper.
Susan with the start of Jen's quilt.

After dinner we met cousin Karen & her husband David at Shari's Cafe & Pies, a 24-hour restaurant. David had the marionberry pie, Karen had the Montana sweet cherry pie, Kai had the Key lime pie, and I had the peanut butter chocolate silk pie. Sorry, no pie pictures.
David & Karen.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Sally!

No comments:

Post a Comment