Friday, March 22, 2019

Koa Pancake House

Our Tuesday breakfast was postponed until this morning. And because Curtis was dropping his father-in-law off at Maluhia Adult Day Health Center our timing was not the same as our usual. In fact, 2 other places we passed were packed at the later hour when we usually had no problem getting a table when we went closer to 7. So we went to Koa Pancake House; Curtis had the Breakfast Burrito and I had the Chorizo Omelette.

Breakfast Burrito. (Photo by Curtis)
Chorizo Omelette.
The insides of the Chorizo Omelette.

Before breakfast I did my usual sunrise walk. I didn't see any regulars on the drive up but I did see Ona & Rio in the distance. During my walk I saw Suzette letting Lola out to do her business; she gave me more succulents for The Potential Most Favorite Roommate. RN Sachie and staffer Yuen drove by when I was near the park. As I was finishing off my cool down stretches I saw LPN Chivas on his way in, I told him I wouldn't be in until lunch.
Twelve minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Five minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Because my walks start so early, I had more than enough time to do my walk & complete all my cool down stretches before I needed to be back at the house for Curtis to pick me up for breakfast. While I was doing my stretches, I lost my balance on a really simple stretch; I think this dove was laughing at me! As I got back to the car to leave it began to drizzle!
Time & temperature as I left the house.
Time & temperature as I got ready to go back home.
This Spotted Dove turned to look at me when I lost my balance; I'm sure it was laughing at me!


By the time I got back from breakfast it was time for another walk, so I did. This time I saw LaVie and walked with her around the circle and down Wilhelmina Rise until the bottom of the park. We passed Mike & Wilts on the circle near their house. On my way up Lurline I could see the hāpuʻu was well-watered and the Kōlea was still hanging around; I wonder if the water is also attracting things it likes to eat? I saw a realtor's sign in front of Caroline's house; I hope I get to see her again to find out what's happening & whether she will be going to the Manu-o-Kū Festival.


Lunch today was Sesame chicken, Steamed rice, Namasu, Tossed salad, Banana Bar, and Minestrone soup. Dad quickly ate his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich and slowly ate all of the banana bread for 100% today! He also drank all 240 ml of the Breeze supplement.


For my afternoon walk I skipped the birding; this is the walk where it is most difficult to see the phone screen, plus the birds are less active. I have decided to use my last walk of the day to walk at a faster pace than the earlier walks. It is also generally a hotter walk, so that will also make me work harder. I want to use it to help get rid of my abdominal fat.


I jogged up the last stretch of my walking route for each of my walks. I scaled it out on Google Maps and it is about 250 feet; during my last walk I timed myself and found I did it in 42 seconds. This is sort of my version of high-intensity interval training (HIIT); which normally is more along the lines of 30 to 40 seconds of hard sprinting alternating with 15 to 20 seconds of jogging or walking until you can't do it any more. Mine just ends with 40 seconds of jogging uphill, which is all I think I should do right now with the fibromyalgia. I'll try it for a week and see how wiped out I am after it; if I do well, I'll keep at it a little longer and slowly increasing the number of times I do the jogging piece. Like the walking, I will increase the amount that I do until I find my limit, then back off a little but keep at it. In high school I remember doing something we called wind sprints, which were very fast, short, all out sprints. You got to rest for as long as it took the other half of the track team to complete their sprint. We just ran back and forth for I don't know how many times. I liked those, I was already to do more at the end of those warm ups.
I start jogging from the 2nd yellow post (uphill one).
I stop jogging at the stop line for the Maunalani driveway.

Dinner tonight was Beef tomato, Steamed rice, Caramel custard, and Corn chowder. Dad ate all of his 1/2 tuna sandwich and 3/4 of the dessert; he drank all of his Boost Plus supplement.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Kirk!

No comments:

Post a Comment