Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Eagles!

Since this was my last morning, I decided to give Louie a long walk even if it was really cold. We had a great walk that ended with 2 bald eagles flying overhead! The first one was a mature adult, I got  crappy picture even though it passed right overhead and so low that I could see the color of its beak! As I was putting my phone away another flew overhead; this time it was a 3-year old bird. Auwe! No photo on that one either.
Bald Eagle.
Nineteen minutes after sunrise on 148th Place SW.
Spotted Towhee.
This is an extremely large single family residence along our walk.

My breakfast meet-up got cancelled due to a delayed flight & emergency work meeting, so Kai & I went chair shopping for him. We went to Everett Office Furniture; I had gotten an ergonomic chair from them years ago when I herniated a disc at work. Nadlae was the staff person I worked with, she was great, really knew her stuff! On my previous trip last year I had taken Kai there, he told her what he was looking for, they arranged for him to call & come in later and try out chairs; but he never did. We walked in & I began to explain what happened and she rattled off what Kai had wanted! That's why I like working with her. So if you are in the western Washington area and need office furniture, go see Nadlae at Everett Office Furniture.
Kai checking out the chair under Nadlae's watchful gaze.
This is the temperature when we left the house to do errands.
So this is what we decided to have for breakfast!

For lunch we met with Linda at Red Twig; our meeting time was changed several times due to conflicting appointments and being physically too far away, but we were finally able to meet up. As always, it we had an enjoyable time that was over too soon.

Prana Chai.
Tiramisu Crepe. (Photo by Kai)
BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, & tomato) and green tea latte.

Linda had asked if we had been to Ono Poke, we had not. She said when they are sold out they close the shop, so since it was nearby we decided to drop in. Their poke bar is quite small compared to Foodland and Times but had a good variety. Fish is flown in daily from the Honolulu Fish Auction. We decided to try the Traditional Ahi and the Miso Salmon.




When I stopped to drop Kai off, I found I had time for a short nap, so I lay down. When I got up I found I had slept through and missed my afternoon visit with Aunty Daisy! Oh, no! And now I was out of time to see her. Auwe!

We had dinner with Barb, Bo, & Barbara at Bantaba African Restaurant. Barb & I had the Afra Lamb,  Barbara had the Yassa Chicken, Bo had the Vegetarian Plate, and Kai had a Shawarma Wrap.

Afra Lamb.
Yassa Chicken. (Photo by Barbara)
Vegetarian Plate.
Grilled Lemon Herb Whole Fish.
Shawarma Wrap. (Photo by Kai)
Shawarma unwrapped.
Thiackry, it was like a rice pudding but with less rice and some pineapple.

On the way down to Eleta's house I dropped by to say Hi to Aunty Daisy and cousin Scott. Unfortunately Aunty Daisy was already asleep, but I did get to see Scott and meet his dog Momo; I missed Wakana because she was out of town. Because of the late hour it was a very quick visit.

I arrived at Eleta's quite late and unloaded the car. We spent a little time catching up with all the great things that she is doing now then it was off to bed. One nice thing I discovered when I did the online check-in was that the 6 am departure time that I was seeing on my phone was because I had difficulty switching the time zone and that was actually Hawai'i time, so I was really leaving at 8 am!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mr. Omiya & Alina!

No comments:

Post a Comment