Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Another Ambulance Visit

On the drive up to Maunalani, I saw a fire truck coming down the hill. When I got to the parking lot I could see the reflection of the flashing lights from the ambulance on the walls of the kitchen building. I don't know who they left with.


During my morning walk I saw LaVie, Tazzie, & Kila just as I was starting down Sierra and crossed paths with Rosie & Daisy just before the walk ended; I did not see any other regulars except for seeing Kavita in the distance as she walked up Wilhelmina Rise! During my cool down stretches I saw Ken as he walked his 2 early-rising dogs; mom-dog sleeps in later and gets a separate walk. I found that the chicken bone had been broken open and the ends gnawed off; I think that might have been Popokilani's work.
Five minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Chicken bone pieces.

Dad was having breakfast in bed but had not eaten anything when I arrived; his fried egg sandwich still had the crust on. Although he told me he could eat it with the crust on, he began eating the sandwich only after I removed the crust. He drank all 240 ml of the Boost Breeze but did not eat any papaya. The banana was no where in sight; I assumed he had hidden it in the blankets again.

It's Tuesday morning, we were supposed to have breakfast after Curtis dropped his father-in-law off at Maluhia Adult Day Health Center, the new day care facility he will be at now; this is Day 2. But DT informed me at about 6 am to call Curtis on the house phone; his cell phone had died & could not be turned on. (Curtis tried my phone earlier but it was in a different room as I was getting ready for my day.) The day was rescheduled since getting a new phone was his priority; so it was basically business as usual for me.

The mid-morning walk was pleasant with partial sun, cooler than usual temperatures, and a light breeze. Just as I was starting my walk there were a bunch of birds by my photo point; one was a Kōlea in partial breeding colors. I formally met Wilts & Mike; I have seen them walking several times or in front of their house. Later I saw Kelly & Abby as they were leaving the park; Abby is now chasing a ball so that she is less likely to hurt herself. She goes all out for the frisbee.

This appears to be a male Kōlea.

Lunch today was Fish nitsuke, Brown rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Garden salad, Pineapple upside-down cake, and Chicken noodle soup. The pureed fish tasted more like mashed potatoes with a hint of fish; the pureed stir fry vegetables were just plain weird. The soup was also pureed today, it was bland. I think today is the last day I will do the pureed lunch; I can feel the remaining part of the bubble gum dressing coming loose. And the "cavern" in my gum seems to have closed up.


Dad quickly finished off his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Then he slowly picked at the pineapple upside down cake. They make their pineapple upside down cake with crushed pineapple rather than pineapple rings; I think they do that so it is easier for the residents to eat.

The afternoon walk was much like the mid-morning walk; warm but with a light breeze. I saw Chip working on a project in his garage again.


I replaced the y-connector for the timer for watering the hāpuʻu and the palapalai. I also changed the timing so that the new plants will be watered every hour. During the next few weeks it will allow the soil to become saturated; hopefully the new root growth will go deep, following the water. Then later in the season as things heat up they will still be able to find water.


I removed the last pieces of the bubble gum dressing that was in my mouth. It looks like I may have swallowed some of it already because the 2 small pieces I lost last Wednesday had a piece of leftover pizza for dinner.
This is what it looked like in my mouth.
The pieces outside my mouth.

I forgot to mention that we have been cleaning out the garage in preparation for repainting the house; it hasn't had a new coat of paint since it was built in 1971. Yesterday DT and The Potential Most Favorite Roommate went through 2/3 of the cabinets and the loose stuff in the southeast corner of the garage. A bunch of stuff was thrown out, 3 items were put aside for Curtis to look at, and some was put into the back yard storage cabinet that The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes cleaned out on Sunday. We will also be taking the cat run down; we will decide later if The Roommates want it rebuilt for the new felines.

I also forgot to mention earlier that I had a message when I returned home that the credit card company declined a purchase; specifically it was Kai's chair. Nadlae had trouble running my card the day we were there and their business office person was out that day so she said she would have her do it the next day. Which was the day I was traveling. I got a call from Esther the day after I returned but I also discovered the message from the credit card company by then. They had flagged it as suspicious because, Why would someone go from Hawai'i to Washington to buy a fancy office chair? I'm glad they are monitoring my card! We straightened it out, Esther ran the card, it went through, Kai is getting his chair. Next time I will call them before I travel out of state.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to George, Suzi, & Zach!

No comments:

Post a Comment