Saturday, March 2, 2019

Ebey Waterfront Trail

I went birding this afternoon with Charlie; we weren't able to coordinate it on my last trip so he called earlier so we could do it.We walked the Ebey Waterfront Trail and saw 14 species: Trumpeter Swan, Mallard, Northern Pintail, Greater Scaup, Hooded Merganser, Common Merganser, Pied-billed Grebe, Anna's Hummingbird, American Coot, Glaucous-winged Gull, Northern Harrier, American Crow, American Robin, & Red-winged Blackbird. We also got to see the Tulalip Tribes' Qwuloolt restoration area. We walked 3.24 miles in 2 hours and 5 minutes; the Samsung Health app says only 1 hour and 18 minutes of that was actually walking.
Charlie at the start of the trail.
End of the trail showing dike removal area. There are plans to extend trail to foot of the hill in background.
More of the Qwuloolt restoration area.
Greater Scaup (Aythya marila).
American Coot (Fulica americana).

Louie and I did the 1.26 mile loop from the house that Gerald told us about; we saw 12 species, two were new for this route: Pacific wren and Song Sparrow. I also saw a Hawaiian warrior "tourist attraction" sign, although I have seen some with house addresses it is a trademarked image thus not legally available for sale.
Sixteen minutes after sunrise on 148th Place SW.
I wonder what tourist attraction is located here?
I've been teaching Louie to sit & wait for permission to cross streets.
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos).
Douglas Squirrel (Tamiasciurus douglassii).

The temperature was almost freezing when I got in the car this morning. And there was a lot of frost on the windshield; it made me a little late for breakfast.



I had breakfast with Anne & Mary Kay at the Totem Restaurant. Ann had a Golden Brown Waffle with bacon, Mary Kay had the Totem Hash, and I had the Bacon Explosion. My meal came with OBriens, I gave those to Ann, so my meal was rather keto! We had a great time catching up on what's happening with their kids and how many critters they now have in their household. It was daughter Catie and her critters that was one of my first posts.
Golden Brown Waffle with bacon.
Totem Hash, its homemade.
Bacon Explosion.
Anne & Mary Kay.

I used to get massages every other week as part of my treatment for fibromyalgia; Kaiser does not include massage as a therapy for fibromyalgia so I have not had a massage since June 2016. I got one today! I had sent Lorena a Happy Birthday text and let her know I would be here; she texted back letting me know where she was working. I decided I needed a massage! That's what I did after breakfast; it was great! I have decided to make it one of the things I do whenever I am here.



I had a little time between the massage and lunch so I stopped at the Sno-Isle Natural Foods Co-op to pick up some Rain City Crunch granola for Curtis and DT. They were no longer carrying it, but I found two other local brands, one of which was grain-free. Standing near the granola shelf was my friend John from the Port Gardner Neighborhood Association; his relief showed up a little while later, it was Bruce! They are on the co-op's nominating committee and were looking for potential candidates.


I had lunch with Mim at Patty's Eggnest at Chuckwagon Inn. Mim had the Popeye's Omelet and I had a Caesar salad; I decided I needed something a little lighter after the Bacon Explosion breakfast!


When Mim was married she and her ex had matching tattoos. Later she reframed a not-so-pleasant memory into a remembrance of her parents with the addition of 3 words between the lines inscribed when she was married and her parents information. Making lemonade out of lemons!  

This evening was the Freedom Fund Gala for the NAACP Snohomish County branch. I saw a lot of friends there, most were surprised to see me there; several asked if I was moving back. I finally got to meet Ben's girlfriend Pam and had a great time getting to know her. I found out that several friends are retiring within the next few months.
Monet at the registration table with her new glasses.
Chicken adobo dinner.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Ayla & Brienne!

No comments:

Post a Comment