Sunday, March 24, 2019

Peaceful Morning

I am really enjoying my morning walk; it is the most peaceful of my walks. I am usually passed by very few cars and only see a handful of people. This morning I played with Rollie, as we tried to get Cody more at ease with me; he came up and sniffed me as long as my back was turned but he barked at me if I faced him. I saw Tom & Chona by the park getting ready to do a run down Wilhelmina Rise, then back up again! Later I saw Lori from the Dog Pack walking with her dogs. As I was cooling down, Rodney walked by with Koa & Kuma; it looked more like they were walking him!


I did the "sprint" in 34 seconds this morning. So I am getting a little faster. I am going to do this over the next week, we'll see how much faster I am by the end of the week. However speed is not my goal, it is to push myself to my current limit. When that one short sprint becomes easy, I might look in to adding another sprint with a short rest interval in between. Or maybe not. I might just do the one sprint at the end of each of my walks; I just have to see what the results are with the one sprint. (FYI - I just call it a "sprint" because I am not walking and I am not jogging; I am trying to go as fast as I can uphill. My time would translate into 100 yards at about 40 seconds. The record is about 10 seconds. So not really a sprint.)

I got in to Maunalani rather early, about 8:10 but Dad was already pushing his breakfast tray away. He had eaten only a couple bites of his fried egg sandwich, about half of his banana, and a couple bites of papaya. He drank all the Breeze supplement.

It was still overcast and breezy during my mid-morning walk so it was also pleasant. The hāpuʻu is staying nice and moist during the mid-morning. When I did my sprint at the end, it took 35 seconds, so a little longer than the 1st morning sprint; I think I have found the limit on how fast I can do it. Now I need to pay attention to how I feel after the sprint and my recovery time; I think a week should let me know if I am overdoing it.


Lunch today was Chicken afritada, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Assorted pies, Thai chicken curry & rice soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich and all of his apple pie dessert and he drank all of his Breeze supplement.


At the end of my afternoon walk I again did my "sprint". I did it in 34 seconds. I'll check again at the end of next week to see what happens.


After dinner tonight I cut up one of the Theo chocolate bars that I brought back as omiyage for the house for everyone to try; all of us here are lovers of dark chocolate. We are starting with the Black Rice Quinoa Crunch; it is 85% dark chocolate. Each 3 oz (85 g) bar serves 2 and has 210 calories and 18 g of carbs per serving. There are 8 more Theo varieties for us to try; it will help us decide which of these is our favorites so I can concentrate on getting the variety(s) that is (are) most favored by all on my next trip. 

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Ron!

No comments:

Post a Comment