Thursday, March 21, 2019

Now on Instagram!

My 20-something Roommates are teaching me about Pop Culture! But don't get too excited about following me on Instagram. I only created the account so that I can follow them and their photos of S'mores & Luna!



On my way up I drove past Steph as she was starting up Wilhelmina Rise and Ona & Rio as they were headed up Lurline. Later I saw Steph as I was walking down Sierra & she was going up; Ona & Rio passed us as they were on their way down. I saw Maunalani admin staffers Marian and Yuen as they were driving in to work, as well as RN Sachie. And once again I got a good view of the setting moon; it was a beautiful morning walk! As for the hāpuʻu, I could keep walking & just look across the lawn to see that it was still moist. Winner!
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
I'm going to turn this in to a watercolor.

Dad was sitting in the Plumeria Dining Room having breakfast at a table with Mrs. Toyama. He spent a lot of time looking across the valley at a home near the top of St. Louis Heights and wondering how they got there; the road is not visible from here.


After breakfast Dad was wondering where all the other residents that he saw in the dining room were going to; he wanted to go there, too. I took him upstairs, but he declined to go in the Castle Living Room where everyone else was; so we went to our usual place in the Wellness Center Courtyard to look at Leahi & watch birds flying by.


During my mid-morning walk a vanload of tourists stopped to ask if there was a good view point nearby; since they were already up on Maunalani Circle I gave them directions to the covered view point in the Maunalani upper parking lot. I saw a male Kōlea on Kelly's lawn that was almost completed with its molt. I also stopped to take photos of the hāpuʻu showing the extent of the watering pattern and condition of the ferns; I will try to take photos each month to follow their progress.

Male Kōlea.
Photopoint 3.

Lunch today was Spaghetti and meat sauce, Italian vegetable blend, Garden salad, Fresh honeydew cubes, and Cream of broccoli soup. I ate all except the soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich but didn't touch the honeydew; he doesn't like honeydew melon.


Sad news; Mr. Gephart passed away last night; his birthday was last week. He had been doing poorly since before I left, but his friend Deborah was hopeful since he was stable. She had stayed overnight on Tuesday so she knew things were getting worse. We shared a table with them during the Veterans Celebration luncheon a few months ago & got to be friends with them; I'm glad I got to see Deborah when she came to pick up his things from the room this afternoon. RIP Mr. Gephart.

For my afternoon walk I skipped the birding to make my walk faster because I needed to get to the bank before it closed. And I did something different at the end of my walk, I jogged the last 100 feet or so. Uphill. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think I will change my afternoon walk to no birding, just pushing as hard as I can and doing a little jog at the end. I have heard that high intensity interval training (HIIT) can help with getting rid of fat. Not sure how long this will last, though.


After the bank I went to Jamba Juice. The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes gave me a buy one get one free coupon. So I got a Lychee Dream and a Tropical Lychee smoothie. I gave one to DT and had the other; they were great! My field partner Beth & I would go to Jamba Juice after finishing our field work on most days; we knew where the nearest store was to each of our sites!



On the way back from Jamba Juice I passed another painted traffic control box. This one was on Pahoa & Koko Head which is not on either of the streets listed in the article about the painting of the boxes.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Tom, Pedro, Laura, & Jeannine!

No comments:

Post a Comment