Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Anthony's Woodfire Grill

I met Cathy today for lunch at Woodfire Grill. It was a beautiful day; we got to look out at the boats in the marina. It's peach season in eastern Washington so we started with a Fresh Peach Lemonade. Then we both ordered the Fresh Wild Pacific Silver Salmon Salad; which is redundant since silver salmon are only found in the Pacific. A nice surprise was that our server, Kylie, recognized me; she used to work at the garage in the County building. She even remembered that I drove a small station wagon!
Fresh Peach Lemonade.
Fresh Wild Pacific Silver Salmon Salad; it tasted as good as it looks!

Cathy recently had a photo she had taken of a butterfly printed in the state hiking magazine.

I went to use the bathroom before we left and saw that they had a small electric demand water heater under the counter. This is the type of heater that I will be installing at the Kohala house in the bathroom and at the kitchen to make use of the excess electricity that the solar panels are generating. It will help save water; right now you need to let the hot water run for 2&1/2 minutes before you get any hot water in the shower.


I had started out the morning by delivering the leftovers that Kai had forgotten the night before. He said he thought I had packed them up; I was doing my eBird checklist and thought he was packing them up! Aue! A positive thing about him forgetting the food is that Mary Ellen got a chance to try Mrs. Bala's excellent goat curry!
The new set up.

The plan today was for me to pick Kai up after lunch and take him back to Mary Ellen & Michael's so that he could clean up the big stuff like the pile of recyclable materials and putting away the folding table he had been using as a computer table. But we also had a couple of errands to run; the chair mat was too small so Kai had to return it and get the larger mat. We also made another stop at Trader Joe's; I forgot to pick up my favorite trek mix: Just a Handful of Almonds, Chocolate, and Cashews. I get the one with 10 single serving bags; it's a little more expensive than the bulk bag but I can conveniently throw a packet into my backpack when I need a quick snack for on the go.


We were at Trader Joe's when Gabriele texted; I was supposed to meet her and have dinner at Cafe Zippy. She found out they closed earlier on Wednesdays. We decided to go to A Pizza House; we had the Super Hawaiian Pizza and a great time with both Gabriele and Gulshan. We watched the sunset from Gabriele's front porch.
Super Hawaiian Pizza; it also has bacon bits.
Two minutes after sunset in Everett.

Since we had run out of time doing errands before dinner, Kai ended up cleaning up the room after dinner. But there was so much laundry to do, he ended up staying overnight. Here are the before photos.





Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #26 to Sili & Taliga!

No comments:

Post a Comment