Sunday, August 25, 2019

Ahhhh, Massage!

I started out the day with another massage from Lorena. I had a previous one on my last trip here; it was my first since June 2016. After that I vowed to get a massage every time I was here. I am keeping my word!


After the massage I dropped in on the Everett Farmers Market. It has moved. It used to be on the waterfront; it was fun to look for harbor seals at the marina. The new location is on the street between the City office building and the County office building; not much to see there. While there I ran in to Karen; she runs the market. I got my usual Polish dog with sauerkraut & brown mustard from Bruce; Vivian & I would do that every Sunday then get an ice cream bar from Cliff at Whidbey Island Ice Cream. Cliff is no longer there. I also saw John; he was window shopping before he went to KSER to do his show. Shannon from the mushroom club was there at a booth that she said she has run since the beginning of the Everett farmers market. I also saw Ummihan who was out shopping with a friend of hers. Later, in the parking garage, I saw Brenda & her husband Philip; they were admiring the age of the Subaru!
This alley way leads from the parking garage out to the street the market is on.
My half-eaten Polish dog.

Since I was in Everett, I decided to take a drive by the old house. As I was going down the alleyway to check out the back yard I saw Stan who lives in the apartment building next door. At first he smiled & waved, then he had a puzzled look on his face. I went around the block & pulled up next to his truck. We had a great time! Stan quit his construction job and started his own company doing landscaping; he used to do the landscaping on weekends & after work because he liked it. Now he has enough clients that he can make a living at it and be his own boss. He works part time at Lowe's for the medical insurance; but is enjoying things much more in this last year since he quit the other job! Yay, Stan!

While I was doing my birding in the afternoon a pair of Northern Flickers decided to check out Mary Ellen & Michaelʻs house as a nesting site; they were hammering on the siding looking for soft spots.

Northern Flicker.

When I returned to the house, Diane was there visiting with Kathy. It turns out our mutual friend Michele is in town so we will be trying to gt everyone together before I leave. Michael made a great dinner of pork chops and sauteed Brussels sprouts. Michael also made bleu cheese dressing from scratch with olive oil and sour cream; I have to get that recipe from him.

Louie & I went for a walk after dinner; it was a very pleasant evening. Not too hot, not too cold; it was just right!
Twenty-five minutes before sunset in Edmonds.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Curtis! Hauʻoli lā Hānau also to Penny & Corinna!

No comments:

Post a Comment