Thursday, August 8, 2019

No Breeze This Morning

There was no breeze during my morning walk. And very few clouds in the sky; once again my shirt was totally soaked with sweat. Some people say that toxins are eliminated from your body when you sweat; I must be really toxin-free! During my walk I saw Calvin the Recycler, Lynnette, Ken with the early-rising dogs, and Ona & Rio. I also saw the woman with the 3 fox terriers; I have not had a chance to introduce myself since the fox terriers seem to not like people to get too close to her. I have dubbed her The Fox Terrier Lady.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Wai'alae.
Four minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was in bed waiting for breakfast to be served when I arrived this morning. He ate none of his fried egg sandwich but all the papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.

Yesterday when I tried to go to the 2nd floor to get to Dad's room after my afternoon walk, I ended up going from the 3rd floor (where I come in the building) to the 1st floor; the elevator totally bypassed the 2nd floor! We picked up Deanna from the front office; she was going to the 3rd floor. Once again, we bypassed the 2nd floor! On the 3rd floor Deanna got off and CNA Charlie and one of the residents got on; we were all headed for the 2nd floor. We made it that time! Deanna had mentioned that they had called the elevator company for servicing; that happened today. It now works well.


The sun was out during my mid-morning walk and there were only a few small clouds in the sky; I tried to stick to the shadows for most of my walk. I stopped & had a short chat with LaVie; she was headed uphill with Kila & Tazzie. They were also going to visit with Bailey if she was out; when I passed she wasn't.


Lunch today was Spaghetti & meat sauce, Italian mix vegetables, Tossed salad, Fresh honeydew cubes, and Cream of broccoli soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut bitter & banana sandwich but none of the honeydew; its hard for him to chew them. Instead he ate the banana from yesterday's breakfast. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water. 


While Dad was eating lunch he noticed someone outside trimming  the shrubs. He was happy to see someone taking care of the shrubs. The window is like a TV for Dad.


For my afternoon walk I just did one 0.6 mile lap around the circle because of the heat. I decided not to do my entire 1.6 mile walk. On the news tonight, they said with the humidity the temperature felt more like 92. At 10 pm it was 82 degrees F! It's supposed to remain in the 90's for the next week, however, the trades are supposed to be returning. Yay!


While I was doing my cool down stretches I looked over at a house next to Maunalani. It looked like someone had tried to put a towel over one of the skylights; probably to keep things cooler in the house. But the wind had blown it off.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Paul, Nora, Leigh, & Dominique! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #11 to Bick & Ron!

No comments:

Post a Comment