Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Housing Search, Day 2

This is also the last day of the Housing Search; Kai found a place! Yay! After looking through a couple more places today, it was clear that Ian's house was the best place for Kai.
This is Bear, one of Kai's new roommates.

During our travels today we visited Cafe Makario after we saw the room that Ivan had available in Everett. Kai ordered the Einspanner and wanted to drink it their because the presentation was part of the experience. But I needed real food and wanted to go to Petite Sweet which was a couple doors down. The barista said it was okay to bring the food back so I did. And I also ordered a matcha latte from Cafe Makario. Kai said to tell everyone the coffee is excellent and you should make sure to visit it when you are in town!


Top: Einspanner, bottom: Matcha Latte.
I got the Sausage Quiche from Petite Sweet.

We also made a stop at the Sno-Isle Natural Foods Co-op to pick up some supplies for the rest of my visit here. While there we met Gardner & Nicole; I may be wrong on the "Nicole" but I am sure about Gardner. He was named after Port Gardner. I told "Nicole" she should post his photo on the Port Gardner Facebook page to introduce him to the neighborhood.


We also went to the SnoCOPE Credit Union so I could do some banking. I had checks to deposit to my credit union in Kapaʻau; I didn't have enough time before I left on my trip. I really like that I can have money deposited through a different credit union as long as both do shared branching. So even though I belong to a small credit unions that only have a few branches in a limited geographic area, I can still move money around over a large geographic area. Yay for credit unions!

While at the credit union I ran in to Eric and Dwayne. Eric is an engineer I used to work with; he filled me in on a lot of the changes that have gone on since I left. Dwayne was a plans examiner that I used to work with. He retired a few years before I left. He & Eric also knew each other; we had a very nice little mini-reunion in the lobby of the credit union!

We had dinner with Michael, Mary Ellen, and Kathy since we didn't need to be looking at more places. After dinner we met with Ian & Brienne and paid for Kai to be able to start moving things in tomorrow, his last month's rent, and a damage deposit. We also got to meet Dustin, the other roommate. There is one more room that Ian has for rent; he is taking his time to make sure the finds the right person. The room that Kai is moving in to has been vacant for 8 months while they searched for the right person.

The Samsung S7 replacement for my S5 arrived. I tried to follow the directions to transfer all the apps and data from the old to the new but it was somewhat confusing to do it over the Internet. I had to choose that option because I did not have a cable that could connect the old and the new. I will stop at Verizon and have them use their cables to connect the two. Hopefully, Kelly is there again. I also have to get on-line and order the LifeProof case for the S7.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mick! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao # 7 to Andreas & Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment