Wednesday, August 14, 2019

New Hokas!

I wore my new Hoka One Ones today and my knee did not hurt. That is, not until I stepped in a dip when I wasn't paying attention! Aue! Other than that, it was a great walk; I saw a lot of regulars today. It started on my drive up when I drove past Ona & Rio; I saw Kelly & Abby up ahead as I was turning in to the parking lot. During my walk I saw Ona & Rio again, Mary was headed down Lurline, and Melissa was with Karpo & Lily down by the park. Later I saw Kelly as he was getting ready to leave. During my cool down stretches I saw Ken with Toto & Chico and Lorraine walked by even though it's Wednesday!
Seventeen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was sitting in the Orchid Dining Room at a table with Mr. & Mrs. Omiya when I arrived. He ate half his fried egg sandwich and saved the banana; there was no papaya available again. He drank 120 ml orange juice and 120 ml water.

For my mid-morning walk I ended up just doing 3 laps around Maunalani Circle; they have started resurfacing Lurline so I could not walk there today. They are tearing up the existing asphalt which kicks a lot of nasty stuff in to the air; don't want to be breathing in any of that stuff! I passed Dr. Mike & Wilts 3 times! They had gone down to the park and were on their way back up when I passed them the 1st time by the bus stop. Then I passed them again when they were by Koa & Kuma's house; I think they must have stopped to play with them. The last time I saw them they were just getting ready to go in to Wilts' house. I did 1.63 miles in 35 minutes.

Removing the existing asphalt.


Lunch today was Pork tofu, Steamed rice, Peas & carrots, Garden salad, Macaroon bar, and Chicken gumbo soup. Obviously there were no peas & carrots and the macaroon bar was a piece of cake. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of cake. He drank 120 ml of apple juice and 120 ml water. Based on my talk with Dr. Mike, I no longer ask him if he wants to drink his water; I tell him he needs to finish it so I can clean up the dishes!


I skipped the afternoon walk; I fell asleep again. When I got up it was time for Curtis to arrive. He brought back some omiyage for me from his National Parks trip.
I wonder if the bar has Mount Rushmore imprinted on it?


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Tom, Bruce, & Shelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment