Friday, August 23, 2019

Mediterranean Kitchen

We went to dinner at the Mediterranean Kitchen which is a few blocks away from the North Kirkland Community Center. We decided we would rather go to an early dinner and sit in the lobby of the community center rather than in a traffic jam on the freeway! Kai had the Lamb Shawarma Plate and I had the Beef Shawarma Wrap; we started with the Kibby appetizer and ended with Baklava for dessert. Yes, I know, baklava is not exactly low carb, but it is a culturally significant carb! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Actually, I chose the wrap rather than the plate to reduce my carbs in the rest of the meal so I could cheat on the baklava.

They gave us Kai's soup, the drinks, and the Baklava for dessert all up front.
Kibby.
This is the kibby when it is not hiding in the yogurt.
The Lamb Shawarma Plate includes rice & hummus.
Beef Shawarma Wrap.

We went to Kirkland for dinner since we were going to go to a performance at the North Kirkland Community Center by Hula Halau o Makanaokalani; Susan is one of the dancers in the halau. But Susan & Jen had to take their teenager up to Marysville so Susan ended up having to miss the performance. She called us an hour before the performance was to start but we were already in Kirkland, waiting in the lobby of the community center. We waited there while they finished their tasks with their teenager; during that time I visited the bathroom and found some cool things there. Later we met them at their house for a short visit; we saw a cool sky lit up by the setting sun as we left the community center. While we waited for them to arrive at the house we saw a rabbit in their neighbor's front yard.

Hand washing instructions in several languages.
A kid-friendly facility.
They provide reused bags for dirty diapers.
Nine minutes before sunset in Kirkland.
Can you spot the rabbit?

They gave me some Orange Rhubarb Honey Sauce that Jen had made. Its good with chicken or just spread on toast.


Travis called me this morning to let me know the Subaru needed a brake fluid change and a new battery. He also said the persistent oil leak had slowed down considerably but because of how much it had been leaking before, he would need to steam clean the engine for an hour or so to see where it might be coming from. I told him if the crud was stopping the leak don't bother cleaning it; he laughed and said that was the direction he was headed in the conversation. When we picked up the Subaru this afternoon, Travis said they were working on the van lights but they weren't able to pinpoint the engine noise even after several tries; he also said with all the other issues they were finding to tell Jen not to waste any more money on it. He said to tell them to get a new vehicle as a family trip vehicle since this one was not really going to be good for that for much longer.

We actually did not do much in the way of moving today due to a prior medical appointment that Kai had in the middle of the day. But it was for a good reason, so taking a break from packing boxes was acceptable. But before we got there, Kai needed some caffeine to be awake for his appointment; I got a soy chai tea.
The barista also needed more caffeine!
Anthuriums in the clinic lobby.

I did my birding from a different location in the meditation yard. Didn't see much more except for something that came flitting in just at the edge of my peripheral vision so all I saw was a dark blur; I never saw it again so I have no idea what it was except for it being a bird.


I am still getting things off my old phone that would not transfer the normal way. In order to protect it I have sort of put it back in the LifeProof case. But I need to tape the case shut to make it easier to work with the old phone.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to George, Susie, Lyussy, and Jette!

No comments:

Post a Comment