Tuesday, August 13, 2019

I Was Really Tired Yesterday

I started out by sleeping through my alarm clock; I got up about half an hour late! I rushed around getting ready, drove straight up Wilhelmina Rise and was able to start my morning walk only a few minutes late. In spite of that I only saw Ona & Rio while I was walking. Later during my cool down stretches I saw Ken with Toto & Chico passing by.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Two minutes before sunrise on Maunalani. I try to be at this spot 10 minutes before sunrise.

Dad was in the Orchid dining room having breakfast with Mr. Shinagawa & Mrs. Honjo. He half of his fried egg sandwich and all of the papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.

We went out to look for Popokilani but couldn't find her so we sat in the Wellness Center Courtyard, looking at the view for a while. Dad took a short nap while we were out there; I felt like I wanted one, too, but I was standing up holding the umbrella to shade Dad so I couldn't. When Dad woke up he said he was hungry so we headed back in. At the 2nd Floor Nurses Station, RN Kaylee gave Dad half a tuna sandwich and some juice; he ate 25% of a sandwich and drank 120 ml cranberry juice before heading off for his mid-morning nap.

When I sat down after getting Dad back to his room, I fell asleep also! You would think that getting that extra half hour of sleep would have helped, but it didn't. I got up when CNA Jessa came in with Dad's lunch!

Lunch yesterday was Baked fish & dill sauce, Rice pilaf, Green beans with bacon, Garden salad, Fruit salad with whip cream, and Broccoli cheese soup. Dad's lunch actually did not come with the dessert so he only had one dessert yesterday. He ate all of it along with all of the 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.


I was so tired I also took a nap after lunch and missed my afternoon walk. But I got up in time to help get Dad upstairs to watch Lynn, Gloria, & Myra playing ukulele & singing.

I headed to Don Quijote to pick up omiyage as well as an Aloha shirt for my friend Kathy who is having triple bypass surgery some time this week. We figure she was not going to be pulling t-shirts over the top for a while so a shirt with buttons down the front would be very welcomed! While wandering through the aisles I also discovered that they had kimchi pancakes in the frozen food section! Winner! Well, if they're at least half as good as Hyon's kimchi pancakes they'll do.


The Potential Most Favorite Roommate texted me; he was making a big pot of corned beef and cabbage for dinner & wanted to know if I wanted to join them. I did, it was very good.

After I iced my knees and took a shower, I went to sleep. At 8:30 pm! I must have been really tired because I did not wake up in the middle of the night wide awake.

Belated Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Alex! And Belated Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #4 to Kathy & Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment