Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Feeling Better Today!

I got up bright and early this morning, had no trouble waking up. I started my morning walk at my normal time with no hasty driving up the hill. It was a good walk, I saw a lot of regulars. It started with LaVie at the bus stop at the top of Sierra where Ona & Rio caught up with me, Mary & Noe walked by and I saw Melissa with Karpo & Lily in the distance by the park. At the bottom of the park I stopped & talked to Lynnette, while we were there Calvin the Recycler passed us. Later I saw 3 Fox Terriers Lady getting back to her house at the bottom of Lurline, she had been on her way up when I stopped to talk to LaVie earlier. On my way up Lurline I saw Mary & Noe on their way down, as well as Lynnette. During my cool down stretches I saw Ken with Toto & Chico.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Twelve minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Six minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
New rock wall being built on Lurline.

Dad was in bed eating breakfast. He finished off his fried egg sandwich and banana; there was no papaya available today. He also drank 120 ml cranberry juice as well as 120 ml water! Yay!

I wasn't sure how much of my mid-morning walk I was going to do; me left knee was hurting when I woke up this morning but settled down before the morning walk. It started to throb as I was getting ready for the mid-morning walk. I decided to at least do the circle and see how it felt; I ended up starting down towards the park and saw Dr. Mike on his way back up. Since I hadn't seen him in a while I turned around & started walking back up with him; I'm glad I did. We had a great conversation and part of it was about Dad. Dr. Mike gave me some very useful information. He said at Dad's age the body frequently stops giving the signal for being thirsty or hungry; which means we have to make Dad drink water because his body is apparently not giving him the signal that it needs water. Dr. Mike said some other changes are losing the sense of smell as well as taste.


I talked to Kai just before lunch, he's feeling a little less stressed than he was earlier in the week. I hope he continues to stay a little less stressed.

Lunch today was Korean BBQ chicken, Brown rice, Sesame broccoli salad, Garden salad, Caramel cheesecake, and New England clam chowder. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 cheesecakes. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 120 ml water; and I didn't even need to push it this time!  

I skipped the afternoon walk due to a combination of falling asleep and the weather being very hot; I think they might be somewhat related. A short while later Deanna from the office came walking it to Dad's room; she asked if I was missing some keys. I was! If I had done my afternoon walk I would have found them; they were in the downstairs bathroom sitting on the toilet paper holder. I had put them there when they had fallen out of my pocket when I was changing after my mid-morning walk. Deanna used her sleuthing skills; she walked through the parking lot looking for a Subaru, then clicked the key fob, noted the license number, then went to the sign-in sheet and found out it was me! Mahalo, Deanna!

I'm glad today was better than yesterday. I was starting to wonder if I was having a fibromyalgia attack. My main trigger is cold, but stress is a secondary trigger and I have been having a lot of stress with having to find new housing for Kai. And him not being able to help because he is so overwhelmed by the process.

By the end of the day I decided I need to start using my newest pair of Hoka One Ones; the heels of my current pair are worn, though not as worn as some of my previous pairs. I think that may be why my knee is a little sore. I have been icing every night so I know its not just from my normal daily assault on my knees. We'll see how they feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment