Thursday, August 22, 2019

Curries Indian Cuisine

We had dinner this evening with Bo & Barbara; we met at Curries Indian Cuisine.  We started with Samosas and Paneer Pakora; I like vegetable pakoras better than the ones with only cheese. For dinner we ordered Coconut Prawns, Karahi Paneer, Chicken Mango, and Lamb Coconut; we also got Onion & Parmesan Naan and Keema Naan. For dessert we had Kheer and Pista Badum Kulfi. Kai had a Mango Lassi and I tried the Cumin Salted Lassi. Everything was very good! In fact, Bo, Barbara, and Kai all said every other time they had been there the food was also very good.
This was a Hawaiian restaurant about 10 years ago.
The last remains of a samosa.
The last Paneer Pakora; we were too hungry!
Coconut Prawns.
Karahi Paneer.
Chicken Mango.
Lamb Coconut.
Cumin Salted Lassi.

We started out the morning by packing up more of Kai's room and moving it in to storage. Right now there are just a few critical things that he is moving to the new house; the rest goes in to his storage unit. We picked up his futon and moved it to the house.

While waiting for Kai to finish packing his last box, I did my eBird checklist for the day. I think my go to place for stationery birding while I am here will be the side yard where the meditation garden is located; in the sunlight today it was very nice!


Since Kai's storage place is near Z Sport we stopped in to ask about servicing the van. Travis said after we dropped off the futon we could drop off the van for them to work on tomorrow. However, since the Subaru would not be done, he would have a loaner car available for us when we returned.

When we dropped off the van; I asked him to work on the rear running lights and also to check out the funny fan sound that we have been hearing. Since Jen & Susan are saving me almost $700 in car rental fees, I felt I could put some money in to professional repairs for the van.

I ordered the LifeProof case for the S7 today. When I tried to order a replacement case for my S5 a few months ago they had none but told me that when I got a new phone I could get 10% off the case for it. I talked to Ari today, she said she had a better deal for me; the navy blue cases were 30% off! Winner! The new case will be here in 5 to 7 business days.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to John, Skip, Iris, & Soya!

No comments:

Post a Comment