Saturday, August 31, 2019

Café Zippy

On Friday morning I met Darla at Café Zippy for brunch; Kai was supposed to meet us there but slept instead. Darla had a vegan muffin and I had the Greek Breakfast Burrito. I met the new "Zippy", who is actually named Beau; Marilyn was taking the weekend off so I did not get to see her. But I met Luke & Sophia instead; Luke is the cook and Sophia runs the front of the house.

Beau.

I then went to Susan's retirement celebration; my ENVS co-workers told me about it last week. I walked in and stood in the back near the door as Holly was beginning her speech about Susan. Both she and Susan were surprised to see me there! I saw a bunch of people there, starting with Vlad almost as soon as I stepped off the elevator! I also saw Ken & Dorothy (she's retiring soon also), Mike McC., Ryan L., Tom, Ryan C., Lori B., Terri I., Shawn, Bev, Kathy B., Suzie, Lori A, Jack, & Leroy. Susan's husband John was also there.

Kai and I picked up a new insurance card for his car; he couldn't find the one I had sent him earlier in the year. I finally got to meet Michelle whom I had only ever talked to over the phone. We also re-registered the Subaru; it is due by the end of September but you can pay it earlier, so we did.

We also ran errands later in the afternoon; we went to Office Depot again to pick up a bulletin board and push pins. Then we went to Target to get Kai a blanket; he had been using his duster as a blanket. We also got him a new suitcase.
On the Hotline phone, on hold!
Swiss Army suitcase?

We met Anne, Mary Kay, and Catie at IHOP for dinner. I had been told by The Roommates that I needed to try chicken and waffles; IHOP had a special chicken & waffle meal, the Signature Chicken & Bacon Cheddar Waffle. Kai and I got that meal, Anne had Belgian waffles, Mary Kay had the chicken dinner, and Catie had a vegetarian omelette.


Chicken dinner.
Signature Chicken & Bacon Cheddar Waffle. Not sure why The Roommates are excited about this meal.

We did so much yesterday that I was too tired to post last night, so I did it today.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Pam & cousin Yvonne!

No comments:

Post a Comment