Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Gangnam Korean Restaurant

I met Alison for lunch today; he gave me 3 choices, I chose Gangnam Korean Restaurant. The others were a Japanese restaurant and a Thai restaurant; I had not yet had Korean food on this trip so I chose Gangnam. We ordered too much food! We started with the Kimchi Pajun (Koren pancakes); it was about 12" in diameter not the 4" that I am used to. For the main meal we ordered the Bulgogi and the Spicy Tofu; both could have easily fed us on its own! And, of course, the meal came with several complimentary side dishes. I was, once again, disappointed by the Pajun; Hyon still makes the best pajun I have eaten.

Pajun, Korean kimchi pancake.
Side dishes.
Bulgogi.
Spicy Tofu.

I have been seeing more toilet paper holder stands. I have been considering one for the Kohala house since the walls are termite-eaten and may not be strong enough to support a roll of toilet paper.

During lunch Kai IMed me asking me to pick up more boxes. I ended up heading back to the Sno-Isle Natural Foods Co-op where we got the first batch of boxes; 2 other places I checked crushed their boxes which made them unsalvagable. While there I picked up granola for omiyage for Curtis.
I'm glad this little guy is there to help me find the car!

On my way to lunch I stopped at one of the mitigation sites we did. The first year I started with ENVS was the first year after it had been completed. It was originally a dirt road in an unopened right-of-way had been blocked off. The old dirt road was removed and the ground level taken down to the original wetland. Trees & shrubs were planted and invasive plants were removed. It is now about 10 years old. I'm glad I didn't see Larry today; he's the neighborhood busybody. On a couple of occasions while we were working Larry came to tell us what was going on; he appeared to be wearing only his bathrobe.
This used to be a dirt road.

Kai moved to Ian's this evening. The move went well; we were able to fit everything into the Subaru except the chair. I had anticipated that; it went in to the van. (Having doors on both sides of the van made it very easy to load.) We also planned for the last load for storage to also be dropped off tonight; we packed the things for the house in to the Subaru first, then ended with the things for storage.
The things to go to Ian's.
The things to go to storage. The van is in the background.

We got to talk to Dustin more and actually got to see his cat. Bear was very excited to see us! I got to talk to Brienne more while Kai was taking his first shower there; Ian was still at work. I think Kai will fit in nicely there.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Deb! Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #51 to Dian & Robert! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #26 to Marilene & Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment