Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Calm After the Storm

It wasn't too unpleasant during my morning walk today; I think that's why I saw a lot of regulars out walking this morning. During my walk I saw Melissa with Karpo & Lily and Mary twice, Calvin the Recycler was just finishing up his rounds and had 2 big bags of recyclables, and Wendy drove by. During my cool down stretches I saw Ona & Rio, Kelly & Abby, Ken with the early-rising dogs, and Mike & Lori with the Dog Pack; Andrei ran by once, I probably missed seeing the rest of his laps. Popokilani also came by; when she found out I didn't have any treats she ignored me.
Twelve minutes before sunrise.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Where are my treats?
Hmmph, not paying attention, you have no treats.

This is a flattened Common Myna; based on the size I think it is a juvenile myna. I made the identification based on the white wing patches and yellow beak. I have been noticing the older mynas have more yellow showing on their face around the eyes.


Dad was eating breakfast in the Orchid Dining Room with Mr. Pires and Mrs. Akiyama. He didn't eat any of his fried egg sandwich or banana but he finished all of the papaya; he tried to give the sandwich to Mr. Pires. He drank 120 ml of cranberry juice but no water.


After breakfast we went out to find Popokilani again. And this time we found her! I got some of the treats the staff has for her so Dad could feed her. We went back in  when Dad's okole got too sore; by then it was way too late for my walk. But that was okay; Dad had a good time getting out to play with Popokilani.


Lunch today was Fish nitsuke, Brown rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Garden salad, Pineapple upside down cake, and Chicken noodle soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter and banana sandwich and 2 pieces of cake; he drank 120 ml apple juice and 60 ml water.  

I was tired this afternoon; I guess it was  because I skipped my morning nap while I was outside with Dad! I slept through the start of my afternoon walk. Aue!

S'mores thought she was hiding this afternoon when I got home. It's a good thing she's not out in the wild on her own!


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mary & Brianna!

No comments:

Post a Comment