Friday, August 9, 2019

RevoluSun

I met with John from RevoluSun this morning after my morning walk. We had a great meeting and John has developed two scenarios for me to review based on our future needs at Dad's house. The basic to cover the current electricity usage is 9-panels at $30,720. If we decide to install split air conditioner units for each bedroom we will need a total of 16-panels. The difference between the 2 options is $7909. I also asked John to give me a quote on the split AC system; that would be another $15,000. John also gave me a couple photos taken by his drone of the roof. I told John I was also getting a quote from Haleakala Solar next Friday.
We talked outside since it was a lot cooler outdoors in the shade.
John gets ready to send the drone up; its on the driveway behind the Tesla.
The drone up in the air.
Here's what the drone is seeing.
Here's one of the drone photos; the yellow square shows the proposed location for the panels. (Photo by John)

My day started with a great morning walk; it was a little less muggy, there was a very light breeze. During my walk I saw Mary & Noe twice, Melissa with Karpo & Lily, and Ken with Toto & Chico; I also saw Kathy whom I had not seen in a couple of months. During my cool down stretches I saw Kavita jogging by.
Twenty minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Caroline is having her house fumigated.

Before I hung out the laundry this morning, I picked a bunch of papayas. Today I got 10 papayas from the 2 remaining plants. After that I tackled the extension ladder; I spread graphite along the rails to see if that will stop the screeching when I extend it.



On my way up for my mid-morning walk I saw Kelly & Abby on their way to the park; I later saw them when I walked past the park, then on their way back home. Along with seeing Toto & Chico when I walked past Ken's house, they were the only regulars that I saw during my walk. During my cool down stretches I met Mrs. Sumida and her daughter.


For lunch I got another frozen item out of the freezer; it was a Red's Steak & Cheddar Burrito. It was actually pretty good but has 42 g of carbs of which 3 g are dietary fiber for an effective carb level of 39 g, which is a lot for a low carb diet. When I am back on a regular carb diet I would eat this again.



Instead of going for my afternoon walk, I went to exchange the Manaola shirt that The Potential Most Favorite Roommate gave me for my birthday. The store is at Ala Moana Center, it turns out I did a bunch of walking around the center to find the place. It returns out it was a men's medium and that is the smallest size the carry. But the do make youth sizes; the shoulders on a youth 13-14 fit well but I am a little chunky for youth sizes right now. In women's sizes I would wear an extra small or small depending on the cut. However, they were out of small and extra small sizes; they gave me a store credit. I can come back later when they get smaller sizes in again which happens about twice a month.

In the afternoon I also contacted Diamond Head Window & Door to ask about their buy 1 get 1 free offer. There were 2 different expiration dates on the offer; it turns out the offer is good until August 31st. I have an appointment for next Friday morning; we're looking for impact-resistant windows.





I also checked on the baby hāpuʻu; here it is with a quarter in the photo for scale. Yes, it's tiny!


No comments:

Post a Comment