Thursday, November 21, 2019

Bromeliads, Part 2

When I got home I checked on the bromeliads I got from Dan yesterday. I didn't plant them or even put them in pots with soil; I didn't even put them in pots. I just stood them upright on the red cinders so they could collect moisture! They did well today with the drizzly weather.



DT & I are now on a similar morning schedule; sometimes I leave before he does and vice versa. But there is no problem with me delaying him; since Alexis has the Subaru, I am using the RAV4 & can park in front of The Potential Most Favorite Roommate who very rarely leaves before 9 am. Today I left after DT. On my way up I passed LaVie as she walked up Wilhelmina; I got stuck behind a garbage truck for a bit so was trying to make up time. During my walk I saw a lot of regulars starting with Kavita on the circle then later in the distance on Sierra, Lynnette & June on their way up Sierra, and Cody & Rollie with Roger in the distance by the park. And I saw LaVie at the top of Wilhelmina Rise! Coming up Lurline I saw Mr. Plumpy Boo trotting down the driveway, Ronnie was right behind him this time. Further on Lurline I saw Kira and Bean headed uphill in the distance, then back downhill again! Kira is becoming much more mobile & faster! I also saw Ken with Toto & Chico in the distance. I didn't see any regulars during my cool down stretches.
Six minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

It looks like the concrete block walls are done at the Lanipoko house. The pallets are empty and the equipment is gone.


On my way in I noticed that Mr. Kunisaki's name was missing and a new name was in its place on the door. It surprised me since I had just seen Mrs. Kunisaki a couple days ago; I found out he passed a couple days ago. I must have seen them on the last or 2nd to the last day.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived. He had finished all of the papaya & banana. By the end of breakfast he had not touched anything else; but he did drink 120 ml orange juice but no water.

It started raining around 8:30 and continued until about 9:15; I was glad it cleared up so I could do my mid-morning walk. I went to change but was delayed in starting because they were doing a procedure on Mr. Wise and the door was closed. When I was able to get back in, I  looked out the window, it was lightly drizzling again; I decided to do it anyway! 
Precipitation at 8:30.
The runoff at 8:30.
Precipitation at 9.
Runoff at 9.
I'm glad I kept the windows closed this morning; not like yesterday ...

I'm glad I did; I got to see Kelly & Abby! I haven't seen them in a while. I had completed the circle and was just headed down Sierra and they were coming up. Kelly let Abby go & she ran up to me. Shortly after Kelly got up to where Abby & I were it began to rain, hard. So we retreated to the bus stop & talked while we waited for it to slow down. I told him about getting a Crosstrek hybrid; he had tested one out & liked the sportiness but in the end decided on his truck.

It looks like they're done with the work up here.
I still don't know what they are doing.
Still trying to identify this moth I saw while doing my cool down stretches.

Lunch today was Spaghetti & meat sauce, Italian mix vegetables, Tossed salad, Fresh honeydew cubes, and Cream of broccoli soup. Just the meat sauce and vegetables was not doing it for me today so I checked how many carbs were in the soup; just 8 g! Winner! I ate the soup! Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich but no honeydew; its too difficult for him to eat. I gave Dad a madeleine instead, he happily ate it! He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.


It rained after lunch also. More than it had earlier in the morning. I skipped the afternoon walk.



Got an e-mail from cousin Eileen this morning, they're coming to visit in early December. We're hoping to be able to get together with them while they are here. But we have a small window before Curtis leaves for his Las Vegas trip. December is getting busy, too!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Chris & Daniel!

No comments:

Post a Comment