Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!

At Maunalani the dining rooms and activity room were decorated in observance of Thanksgiving. The lunch meal also reflected what most people traditionally have for Thanksgiving. But Dad wanted his peanut butter & banana sandwich! So thatʻs what they served him; he was very happy.  



I skipped the lunch in order to be able to eat more carbs at dinner and I ate too much! I exceeded my 50 g carb limit by 49 g! But I was expecting that, which is why I skipped lunch and it was worth it! We'll see what happens with my ketone levels tomorrow.
Clockwise spiral from rice in upper left: Watercress salad, Ham, Sweet potatoes, Fresh cranberry relish, Macaroni salad, Mashed potatoes, Vegetable tray, Stuffing, Salmon & dressing for watercress salad, Turkey, Gravy, & Corn.
Here's my 8" plate with 54 g carbs. I only filled it this one time.
Desserts, clockwise from Caramel apple pie in lower right: cake, Chocolate mochi, Pumpkin crunch, Fruit salad, Jello, and Blueberry cheesecake.
My 4" plate of dessert with 43 g carbs.

During my drive to Maunalani I had a Twilight Zone moment. Harding Avenue at the freeway on-ramp was totally deserted! I have never ever seen this intersection without cars.
Thirty-one minutes before sunrise at Harding.

I didn't see any regulars on the drive up but during my sunrise walk I saw LaVie and Ona on the circle. I did not see any other regulars until I was on Lurline when I saw Tina with Massimo, Ink, and Chloe Bacon and Ken with Toto & Chico in the distance; since Tina later started walking back down to her house I was able to chat with her and play with Ink. Near the end of my walk I saw Mike & Laure and their dogs Dulce, Champ, & Molly along with Mike's grandkids Cade & Jordan. I didn't see any regulars during my cool down stretches.
Twenty minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.

When I passed by Wilts' house I could see some of the retaining wall that is being built below his house.
Looking downslope at west end of retaining wall work area.

Looking downslope at east end of retaining wall work area.


Shy cat was at the cat door to the garage. It looked like there might have been another cat sitting just inside the door.


Dad was having breakfast in bed when I arrived. He ate half of his fried egg sandwich but none of the honeydew melon they substituted since they were out of papaya. He saved the banana for later. Dad drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.

I started my mid-morning walk a little early to make sure I was back in time to help get Dad out of  bed for lunch. I walked with Peter for most of the circle, we split up when he went down Lurline while I went down Sierra; I thought I would see him at the bottom of Lurline but didn't. As I was nearing the park Betty drove by; later I saw Tom and his dad Eugene at the park with Mero, Jellie, & Rocko. As I was heading up Lurline, Leslie drove by and waved. At the top of Lurline I saw Peter again! Earlier when he headed down Lurline, he came back up Matsonia to Sierra then back up to the circle; he varies his routes and tries to walk between 3 and 4 miles. As I was ending my walk Loa drove by.


I left early, right after Dad went back to bed after lunch. I had to bake the caramel apple pie that I got from Hawaiian Pie Company. It smelled really good (and also tasted very good, too!)



I tested my ketone level several times during the day to see how I was doing today & in the evening. It is sort of a baseline to see how it will change since I ate more carbs than I should have tonight.
At about 6 am, upon waking.
About 1:30 pm, after fasting for about 19 hours and walking for 72 minutes.
About 5:30 pm, before dinner.
About 6:30 pm, before dinner.
About 8:30 pm, about an hour after the end of dessert.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Jace, who is 3 years old today!

No comments:

Post a Comment