Thursday, November 7, 2019

Dad Has Visitors!

Cousin Tomiko flew in this morning; she is here for a conference that starts this evening. Her boyfriend David joined her for part of her trip.


Since they took such an early flight, they had not eaten yet so we started with breakfast at Liliha Bakery since it was between the airport and Puowaina and they have a lot of breakfast options. Tomiko had the Two Egg Breakfast, David had the Vegetable Omelet, and I had the Country Style Omelet.

Two Egg Breakfast with Portuguese sausage.
Vegetable Omelet with brown rice.
Country Style Omelet with Portuguese sausage.

We went to Puowaina to visit Uncle Orv. We also left a lei for Mom for her birthday which was on Monday. While there I put up a lei for Mr. Yamada, Dad's former roommate who is also a veteran. I sent a photo to Shirley; she & Guy were visiting her brother Brian.

And, of course, Tomiko had to take photos. It is her passion as well as her profession! And I took photos of the photographer taking photos!
Setting up her 4 x 5 camera.

Composing the photo; the cloth eliminates reflections.
Getting the film packet.
Loading the film in to the camera.
David helps take a photo.

Then we went to see Dad. Since Tomiko is a photographer she does the family portraits; she took a new one of Dad today.
Telling Dad about her adventures since her last visit.
Explaining about the camera she will be using for the portrait photos.

Smile!
Selfie time!

After a long day of travel & doing lots of stuff they were ready to rest before the conference started in the evening. I dropped them off at their hotel. I had never been to the Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel. David went to get a cart for their luggage and was told there were over 4000 rooms in 2 buildings, they needed to know which room & they would send someone with a cart to get their luggage to their room.

Unloading.
It's somewhat self-contained; I guess that's why "village" is in its name.

Tomiko spent the last 3 days on the Big Island. She checked out the fence work at the Kohala house for me. Orion is almost done with the fence; there is a small section needed to connect the gate post to Jessie's fence.
The new fence. (Photo by Tomiko)
Need to get a chain and lock to secure the gate. (Photo by Tomiko)

I was able to do my walk this morning before going to the airport. On the drive up I saw The Runner, Suzanne & Joanne with Cody & Rollie, and Mary. Later during my walk I saw Kavita on the circle then later as she headed downhill. I also saw Lynnette & June twice; once by the park then later on Lurline. I saw Suzanne, Joanne, Cody & Rollie later as they were headed down Lurline. I also saw Ona & Rio, Ken with Toto & Chico, and Kelly on his way to surf. During my cool down stretches I saw Ken with Toto & Chico for a 2nd time this morning.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.

Earlier I mentioned that it looked like there was more going on at the house at Lanipoko. There was a delivery of 6 pallets of hollow concrete block yesterday.


Sʻmores is still struggling with the concept of pacing herself with her eating. Here's what it looked like early this morning.



Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Maria!

No comments:

Post a Comment