Friday, November 15, 2019

Solar PV, Part 1

Today the layout team from RevoluSun installed the supports for the photovoltaic panels. I thought they were going to put up the rails like they did for the Kohala house but all they did was put little support pegs in to the roof. And Michael poured the concrete pad for the Tesla battery. They finished earlier than I was told; about lunch time instead of late afternoon. They said the scheduler will call at the beginning of next week to arrange the next work session; and it might be them coming back again. (Thanks to neighbor Marissa! I took the photos of the roof from the landing of her 2nd story back porch.)

At 9:15.
At 10:00.
Pau at 10:30!
Michael builds the forms for the pad. I forgot to get a photo of the finished pad.

During my drive up I saw Ona & Rio who were about half way up Lurline when I passed them; shortly after that I saw The Runner. Later I saw Wolf near the entrance to the parking lot. As I was walking I saw Laure with Champ & Molly on the circle as they started their walk, then later as they ended it. I saw Kylie walking down their very steep driveway alone, she was meeting up with Alex & Satin; I usually see them during my mid-morning but they had things to do today. I saw Ona & Rio on the circle; I asked her about her cataract surgery & she said her doctor based the timing on whether she could see well enough to drive at night not her age. Because I stopped and talked to Ona on the circle, Wolf lapped us twice! Down by the park I saw a bunch of people this morning starting with LaVie, then Tazzie & Kila with their female human whom I have not met yet. I also saw Lynnette & June and Calvin the Recycler. In contrast, I saw no regulars during my cool down stretches.
Twenty-seven minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Work continues at the Lanipoko house. The walls are getting higher.
You can easily see the walls from the road now.

While I was here for the RevoluSun guys I made 2 batches of biscotti and did a load of laundry. Because I was juggling so many things I forgot to put the chocolate chips in the biscotti; in both batches! In fact, I did not realize I forgot them until well after I had finished baking them. I have now made notes on my recipe so I do not forget them the next time I make a batch! The Roommates said it was good even without the chocolate chips.
Unbaked biscotti loaf.
Biscotti after the 1st baking; resting before being cut into pieces.
My biscotti ʻthank youʻ to The Roommates for getting the almond flour for me.

While I was hanging the laundry I found the remains of an eggshell. It's all white so difficult for me to figure out which species it might be.


I also checked out the navel orange tree. It looks like some are ready to harvest; I will have to pick them and give some to Sam & Alexis. The rest will go to Lori; she likes to juice them for her mother.


Since the RevoluSun team finished early I had time to do my afternoon walk. My intent was to do my normal lap around the circle, then down to the park and up Lurline to return to my starting point. But about 1/2 way around the circle I ran in to Suzette going the opposite direction; I turned around to walk & talk with her. She had just started and was going to do 4 laps, I decided to stay on the circle and do as many laps as I could before I needed to leave. During our walk we saw Wolf puttering around at his. Later we met up with Rodney walking Koa & Kuma; while we did that Peter lapped us twice! We also saw Rodney, Koa, & Kuma as they were returning to their house later on our walk. On one of our laps, Suzette was telling me about work she was doing for her landlady, I was not familiar with the Song of India plant she mentioned; we found one on our walk! We also found Gizmo hanging out on the top of the wall there. I ended up doing 3 laps with Suzette before I needed to leave; I got in my normal 1.6 mile walk!

Suzette plays with Gizmo; the Song of India (Dracaena reflexa) is in the upper left.

On Friday I time my walk so that I end with enough time to get to Kokua Market just as they are starting their dinner service; I do my co-op shopping while I wait for my dinner to be prepared. Today I decided to try the Moussaka that Fran had a couple weeks ago. It was excellent! But it did come with some carbs; grilled pita bread that smelled really good. It was irresistible but I limited myself to 1/4 of a pita which is 7 g carbs.

1 comment:

  1. Biscotti!!! Especially good with early morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete