Wednesday, November 20, 2019

No Sunrise Walk Today

I skipped the sunrise walk because the car was essentially impounded. Alexis picked me up & I got the RAV4. Since it was about the right time, I did the mid-morning walk.
Alexis to the rescue!


During my cool down stretches I saw a lone helicopter flying by.


I was thinking about catching the bus up to Maunalani so I could do my sunrise walk, then busing down to pick up the car. I would have to start with a 17 minute walk to get to the bus stop to catch the #14 bus, take a 17 minute ride up to the top of the hill, then do my 1.6 mile walk all with my 10 pound backpack. To pick up the RAV4 I would then have to take a 10 minute ride down the hill on the #14, wait 10 minutes for the #1 bus, ride it for 20 minutes to get to the nearest stop, and walk 5 minutes to get to the parking garage. And I would have had to leave the house by 5:57. I decided to skip the sunrise walk.

Lunch was Kalua pork with cabbage, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Bread pudding, and Chicken gumbo soup. I skipped the soup, it had 17 g carbs! I am really surprised at how much carbs the soups have. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 1&1/2 pieces of bread pudding. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.


I kept dozing off; I wanted to finish posting before I walked in the afternoon. I finished yesterday's post about the time CNA Heather came to give Dad his bath; so about 3:30! It worked out okay; there were intermittent showers during the period that I would have been walking. In fact, it was raining when I was signing out to leave; I had to wait for a little while for it to slow down before I walked  out to the car.
Rain around 2:45 pm.
The rain as I was leaving about an hour later.

Because I had eaten so many carbs yesterday, I was interested to see whether my body would be burning carbs or fats today. I tested for ketones when I returned home in the late afternoon. I had around 15 mg/dL or a small amount of ketones. Yay! Still burning fat in spite of the load of carbs last night! It was actually nice to find out I hadn't totally screwed up the progress I had been making in lowering my carb intake and increasing my fat-burning.


However, I still really need to weigh myself. I have not done that for almost a month; the last time was October 26th when I weighed in at 111.6 pounds. I forgot to weigh myself the next Friday. Then when I did on the 8th I found the batteries in the controller were so weak I could only get an error message telling me the batteries were weak. Then last Friday I had fresh batteries but now I could not get the WiiFit program to load! Aue! I need to get The Roommates to help me figure out why its not working because I really need to find out whether this low carb diet is making a difference. I am telling myself it is because a couple pairs of my shorts feel loose, but they are also Mom's old shorts that I am using and it just might be that the elastic has gotten so old it has lost its stretch!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Dottie! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo #15 to Hazuki & Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment