Monday, November 4, 2019

I'm Soooo Happy!

The fan by the elevator is back! It was so nice & cool, I didn't care how long it took the elevator to get there! (Just before meals when staff is transporting residents it can be a long wait. Or if someone locks the elevator to unload residents then forgets and walks away!)


During the drive up I saw Paul & Bodhi on their way up Sierra; Mary was on her way down Lurline when I passed her. As soon as I stepped out of the car I could feel the mugginess; there was no breeze at all this morning. I saw Kevin in the distance going down Wilhelmina with Tazzie & Kila. Then I saw Lynnette & June by the park; later we passed each other on Lurline. I also saw Omar with Mei-mei & Rocco! At the top of Lurline I saw Ken with Toto & Chico. As I passed Sierra, I saw Kavita and Lorraine on their way up Sierra.
Twenty-two minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Seven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

During my cool down stretches I saw Lorraine go by clockwise, a little while later Kavita went by in the counter clockwise direction. I also saw Mike & Laure & The Dog Pack just before I finished.

It was so glassy this morning when I looked out at the ocean during my sunrise walk. It was the smoothest that I could remember since I started walking on Maunalani. When I started walking today it was a lot smoother than the photo which was taken during my cool down stretches.


Dad was eating breakfast in the Orchid Dining Room when I got in. He was sharing a table with Mr. Miyahira. Dad  ate half of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 120 ml apple juice and 60 ml water.


During my mid-morning walk it was sunny & hotter than yesterday but there was a fairly steady light breeze throughout most of my walk & my cool down stretches. Molokaʻi, Lanaʻi, & Maui were visible again. In fact, they were much clearer today than they were the other day. When they are visible it is usually around the time of my mid-morning walk; the clouds have not burned off at sunrise and in the late afternoon clouds start to roll in.



Lunch today was  Pork loin roast, Edamame, Green salad, Strawberry cloud cake, and Tomato basil soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of cake. He drank 120 ml orange juice and 60 ml water.


I skipped my afternoon walk, I forgot Curtis was going to a funeral so he wasn't going to be here to take Dad to listen Lynn, Myra, & Gloria play ukulele and sing. Dad likes going to see them but needs to be gently awakened if he is asleep when its time to get ready to go upstairs.

I may need to get a new car. Kai's car, i.e., my 1992 Subaru Loyale, has developed a leaky head gasket. It will cost about $1900 to fix but will likely cause more problems in the future since the engine is so old. I am looking in to shipping him my current 2016 Subaru Outback and getting an electric vehicle, preferably a Subaru. I have a few things to check on, like exactly how much it will cost to ship him my Subaru and whether I can get a loan for a new car. (I have gotten a HELOC for the solar panels on the Kohala house since my previous car loan so they might say I've got too much debt for another loan.)

Just before I left the house in the morning I checked the Wireless Whiskers, S'mores had eaten for 0 minutes. I figured she would get hungry later in the day and take a chance on eating & find that it was staying open. And when I returned I discovered she had eaten her full amount and was now locked out! Luna still had 4 minutes left; she reached her limit later in the evening. She started doing the same thing S'mores did pawing at the doors; she also tried to bite it to get it to open. But its well made by people who understand cats.
At 4:30 this afternoon.
At 4:30 this afternoon.
S'mores tries to figure out why Luna can still get food.
Now Luna is locked out!

My Fitbit is acting weird again. It was acting up a few weeks ago, yesterday it tried to charge up but overheated and didn't charge while I was at Maunalani; I took it off the charger and gave it a rest. Then in the evening I tried again and it overheated again. I let it rest overnight & tried one more time at Maunalani; it appeared to be charging. Although one of the green lights on the back no longer works it still appears to work with only 1 light. I'll just have to see how long it holds up. When it really dies, I will use it as an opportunity to invest in a waterproof Fitbit.
This icon means its getting too hot.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Faith! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo #42 to Debbie & Chad!

No comments:

Post a Comment