Monday, November 25, 2019

Smash n Grab

As I started my sunrise walk I noticed an SUV parked at the house across the street from Maunalani; the back passenger window was open, which seemed odd. It turned out the SUV window had been broken in to & a gym bag was stolen; I saw the owner & her son at the end of my walk. I let them know when I walked by at 6:39 it had already happened & no one was around. Later I got an alert on the Neighbors App; it was posted by the mom.


On my drive up this morning I saw Kavita on her way up and Paul & Bodhi on their way down. During my walk I started out by trailing Wolf around the circle, on Sierra I saw LaVie and Kavita heading uphill. By the park I saw Lynnette & June; I saw them later as they were on their way home on Lurline.  As I was doing my cool down stretches I only saw Laure with Champ & Molly. Just as I was ending my stretches a police car stopped at the house where the SUV was broken in to.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Cat #16 Dilute Tortie.

Today was Day 2 for the Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow flower I am tracking. It is a light lavender color.



Dad was eating breakfast in bed; although Jessa was his CNA today she had to make an emergency trip back home to give her husband his keys, which he forgot in her car, so someone else worked with Dad when he was waking up. Dad ate all his fried egg sandwich and all his papaya; there were no bananas available today. He did not drink any liquids.

As I was just starting my mid-morning walk I saw Lori's brother Mark in the loading zone, waiting for Lori & Barbara. He said they were taking Lori to one of her regular medical check ups. I found out Mark spent a couple years in Seattle at the University of Washington! I also found out their house has been robbed twice in the last 2 months; he just purchased 2 Ring security camera kits and will be installing them shortly. A delivery truck arrived and we had to make way for it so I continued with my walk; it turns out Mark was the main person I saw during my walk! At the bottom of Lurline, I saw Matthew taking his garbage can back in; Bo Derek was not with him. At the lower end of the park I saw the pair of Saffron Finches along with their 2 fledglings who were begging for food. During my cool down stretches I noticed a shadow on the surface of the ocean; it was cast by a cloud overhead.
Saffron Finches.

We were able to get Dad out of bed for lunch; since it was pleasant we sat out on the lanaʻi. Lunch today was Baked fish & dill sauce, Rice pilaf, Green beans with bacon, Garden salad, Fruit salad with whip [sic] cream, and Broccoli cheese soup. The green beans had no bacon, just a few other vegetables; the bacon would have given me more protein & fat. I ate the soup even though it had 13 g carbs; I wanted the fat & protein from the cheese and the added salt. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich but none of the fruit salad. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.



I skipped the afternoon walk; I kept falling asleep.

The Fathead Pizza is about 8" in diameter. It has so much cheese in it I can only eat 1/4 of the pizza. Each quarter has about 3/4 cup of cheese; a half cup in the crust and 1/4 cup as a topping. Plus whatever other things I put on as toppings. What I find interesting is that even eating that much cheese it has not upset my digestion. Winner!


My ketone level this afternoon was around 15 mg/dL. While it hasn't been much higher than that, it seems that I am still able to burn fat. I don't know if there is a level that proponents of the ketogenic diet feel one needs to reach to really be on a ketogenic diet. Not that it really matters to me what my fat & weight loss process is called; "low carb" works for me. I'm just wondering if I am using the right terms so I don't confuse people.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Kari!

No comments:

Post a Comment