Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Haircut Time

I skipped the afternoon walk, which would have been a pleasant one since the cloud cover was moving in. Instead, I went to The Potential Most Favorite Roommate's salon and got my hair cut. I was way overdue! The last time I had it cut was by Sherie in Washington; about 2&1/2 months ago!


During my drive up this morning I noticed how dark the clouds were; I think they scared most of the regulars off. I only saw Ona, Laure with Champ & Molly, and LaVie this morning; and only one time each, though I did have a nice chat with LaVie. She said she had seen a large flock of birds a few weeks ago in the grassy lot near where she lives; she thought they might be baby parakeets. I think they are more likely Common Waxbills; I sent her a link to a photo of them. During my cool down stretches I didn't see any regulars.
Twenty-four minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae. There are 2 cars ahead of me, an unusual occurrence for most of my mornings.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Thirteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

There was another machine in front of Wilt's house this morning. It was a small front end loader. I think it might be taking large rocks down to the bottom of the slope to build the retaining wall. I'll try to get a photo in the days to come.


I forgot to get the Day 3 photo of the Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow flower so I have to start all over. Here's Day 1 of another flower I will be tracking.


Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived; he told CNA Jessa he was cold and didn't want to get out of bed. We decided to do what we did on Monday; get him in to the wheelchair for lunch. Dad ate half of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya; he saved the banana for later. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water. Then he took a nap.

While Dad was napping Nursing Supervisor Remy came by; she was wishing everyone a happy pre-Thanksgiving. We had a great conversation about Thanksgiving plans, caring for na kupuna, dementia, health care, and more.

During my mid-morning walk I saw Orion with one of his many humans; I don't know all of them. I also saw The Other Wendy as she was waling up Sierra; she turned down Matsonia before I passed her, but I saw her again as she was on Lurline. I also saw Matthew drive by on Sierra; I think he was going up to Bo Derek's house. Later Leslie drove by on Lurline.


CNAs Jessa & Liz got Dad out of bed for lunch; we sat out on the lanaʻi.  Lunch today was Pork tofu, Steamed rice, Peas & carrots, Garden salad, Macaroon bar, and Chicken gumbo soup; I only ate the pork tofu, salad, and peas & carrots. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and one dessert; the coconut shreds on the macaroon were bothersome for him. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.



The ketone level in my urine this morning when I woke up was near the Trace level. After 2 walks and better eating habits, it went up to between Trace and Small by 3 in the afternoon.
5:59 am.
3:00 pm.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Patrick & Stacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment